Samsung Magician software for SSDs?

yensid

Hi all,

I have two Samsung SSD 840 EVOs - one for my Windows 7 OS and one dedicated to my Microsoft Flight Simulator X installation (and associated add-ons).

I installed the Samsung Magician software that came with it and had a few questions about how to use it:

1. Should I run performance optimization? If so, how often?

2. Can I enable over-provisioning on an SSD that already has the OS installed or data on it?

3. It appears I can only enable RAPID mode on one SSD - is it more beneficial to enable it on the OS drive or the FSX drive?

4. I run as a Standard user for security, but when I log in the application always tells me it needs Administrator privileges to run - is there a way to stop the software from running at startup? I don't see in in the msconfig startup tab?

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance with he above. Thank you very much!

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz / Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler / G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory / EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card / Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply / Azza Hurrican 2000R ATX Full Tower Case

• 1 month later...

I don't know much about Sammys, but as to your startup question I use a stand alone App called Autoruns.

I do know that with SSDs you should disable auto defrag (never defrag a SSD), turn on AHCI and the SSD should be aligned. AS SSD will tell you if AHCI is on and if the drive is aligned.

Archived