Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 and FSX Fatal Error Message - Is there a fix ?

1. Default Windows 10 and FSX Fatal Error Message - Is there a fix ?

Hello,

I know that some people have had this message in the past - "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" However - in my search for a solution -- I have only come across some vague fixes for previous Windows operating systems i.e. Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this problem with the newer Windows 10 OS ? Thank you very much for your help!

Hi John,

I'm getting crashes all the time in both FSX and FS9 since upgrading to Win 10 - so you are not alone.

Regards,
    Scott

3. Default

Thanks for the info Scott. Have you had any luck trying anything to solve this problem. I have read about adding UIAutomationcore.dll to the root directory of FSX but i am leery about trying that since all of the advice I've found out there is for the older operating systems.

Post the error log according to the sticky on top of this forum.

Wim

5. Default

So sorry about that Wim -- I am rather new to this forum and I didn't catch that request at the top of the Forum. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

This is the error log I am receiving:

Faulting application name fsx.exe, version: 10.0.6137.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
    Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version 7.2.10586.17, time stamp: 0x56518a34
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0004d0b5
    Faulting process id: 0x2654
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d12fe246b86401
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll
    Report id: 73e616f3-11a2-4e2c-b1ce-40582de2092
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Other information you may need:

I am running Windows 10 -- 64 bit with FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration Expansion Pack. I also have 3rd party software with FTX Global and also DODOSIM (Helicopters)

Thank you again for any assistance you can provide to me.

6. Default

Yep, looks like you need to stick a older uiautomationcore.dll in your fsx folder.
    I ended up having to do that and I'm still Win 7 64. I didn't really realize it was a
    problem, but I got a few crashes, and that was one of the errors. Since I stuck an
    older one in, I haven't had any more problems with that.
    I have several versions of that file.. I think FSX likes to see only about two of them
    if I remember right.. Both older versions. I think maybe one XP and one Vista era???
    I dunno.. I stuck in what it wants anyway..

Sorry but told do not go WIN 10 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorham View Post
    Sorry but told do not go WIN 10 !!!
    Sorry, but it's not a Win10 issue.

9. Default

Thank you for the advice MBKHOU. I'll try that. I am just a little iffy about how to find an older version. Does it matter if it's an older version for XP, Vista or Windows 7 ? and the one that is showing up in the error log that I posted shows: uiautomationcore.dll, version 7.2.10586.17 -- So my question would I need to go below the 7.2 version to a 6.2 or 5.2 for example? (I know it doesn't have to be .2 but I put that in as my example). Thank you again!

10. Default

Good advice but i think eventually most everybody who uses a PC will be going to the newer operating system - and once Micro$oft fixes the bugs within Windows 10, I believe it will be a worthy OS. Have a great Day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast