Abacus FSCoPilot Installation Problem for FS 2004 / FSX

ZSRES

Good day

I am just trying my luck with the following. I have purchased the above mentioned program 3 days ago.

After spending 3 nights and 2 days I have come to the conclusion that this program is not very flightsim "friendly".

I run Win 7 Home Edition. No antivirus and also the user ACC disabled.

Have installed it as admin and also run it as admin. Abacus website suggests that the Addon Scenery file be renamed.

Have done that. Removed all the scenery files in my Addon Scenery-file. When the files are removed from the add-on scenery folder, it just takes about 15 sec longer before crashing with the error message.

There are some posts on the forum. These posts all refer to the above different settings that need to be done. I would like to know if anyone has been able to figure it out, but was so GLAD that they perhaps forgot to put it here on the forum! lol :)

Regards and have a blessed Sunday!

Richard

ZS-RES

Hello Dijvid

It builds scenery files up to a file "bvcf.bgl" and then that error message comes up that says "CoPilot pro has stopped working" No matter it is in FS9 or FSX.

If I "hide" the bvcf.bgl file it carries on for about another 10 sec or so and then gives the same message.

Richard

On FSX, CoPilot requires ALL third-party scenery to be removed, must contain only the default scenery files or else installation will fail. After installation the extra scenery can be restored and CoPilot works fine 99% of the time. Too many changes in a flight plan or weird routing can, rarely, cause CTD during flight planning, but it usually does the job it's intended to do.

Archived