CTD On Task Switch

andyjohnston

Ever since I bought a new system this past winter, I've been having an issue I've been trying to solve with no result. Whenever I switch tasks while FSX is open, the program stops responding. This makes it impossible to do thing like scenery design since I can't switch to the programs, or do anything else.

Has anyone seen this type of thing before? Any ideas how to solve it?

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Are you are running in Full Screen Mode, and if so how are you exiting/switching tasks?

For info, the best way to exit Full Screen Mode is Alt+Enter and not Alt+Tab or the Windows key. This is, if i remember correctly, explained in the Learning Center turtorial area.

You could also try running the sim in Windowed Mode.

Regards

Brian

Andy,

See if you have these lines in your FSX cfg. I used to have your problem. Made these changes. Maybe this can help you. Don't copy directly, just use as a guide as our systems (video card etc) are probably different.

---------------------------------------------

(Graphics section)

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

ForceWindowedVSync=1

----------------------------------------------------------

[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.0]

Mode=1280x1024x32 //Notice the res and compare to res below ***

[Main]

HideMenuFullscreen=1

HideMenuNormal=0

Location=2,3,1274,995,\\.\DISPLAY1 //*** //switch full to windowed now OK

//Location=3,0,1275,995,\\.\DISPLAY1 //exited when in windowed mode

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

If it worked the 1st time it 'should' work the 1,000th time (hehe). Here is the part I left out (so as not to confuse you :-) ):

// This file was tweaked on Sep 17, 2012 at 22:14 GMT using Bojote's automated FSX Tweaking & Tuning Service

// You can visit Bojote's FSX Tweaking & Tuning service at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

After this online tweak, save fsx.cfg, then add/remove lines for experimenting until you find out what works for you as everyone system will be different.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Just a hunch, but do you have your MONITOR (ie:Windows) resolution the SAME as your FSX resolution? This is important. After that you need to look into your video card settings.

Chuck B

Archived