Any FMC/CDU with ILS nav/course available?

CptCaveman

Title sounds strange I know.

Basically I am looking for a freeware FMC or CDU that has ILS control built in. I am currently flying the Aerosim 787 VC in my TDS aircraft but cannot get the ILS to work due to a clitch CDU unit. So I thought to replace it, but not seen any FMC's with the ILS course and nav radio together.

Anyone know of one?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Huh? The ILS has nothing at with the FMC or CDU, except that you can enter that

approach and runway into the FMC. But the actual practice of setting the plane up

for an ILS is a radio and MCP issue for the most part.

I wouldn't ever need the puter to fly an ILS approach. Anyway... don't know of any

software like that. The only jet I fly at the moment is the 737NGX, and it's FMC and

CDU are pretty much identical to real world. I know of no freeware FMC that is totally

on the money for any specific plane. You pretty much need to buy the hi-fi plane to

get the realistic FMC/CDU. Or from what I've seen anyway.

I suspect with the 787 you will be pretty much SOL as far as total accuracy no matter

who makes it. No one I know capable has tackled that one yet, and Boeing is likely

tight with some of the data being it's fairly new. I'd prefer a PMDG 787 naturally,

"I am biased a tad knowing what they can do", but I've heard zero hint of them doing a

787 at this time.

The ILS system on Airbus aircraft and in the 787 is controlled via the FMC/CDU.

You do not use the MCP nor the radio panel in these aircraft. And I am not looking for accuracy. Just a simple FMC I can merge in to the panels that has the same functionality but with less bugs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The ILS system on Airbus aircraft and in the 787 is controlled via the FMC/CDU.

You do not use the MCP nor the radio panel in these aircraft. And I am not looking for accuracy. Just a simple FMC I can merge in to the panels that has the same functionality but with less bugs.

I guess I'm too used to the older hardware. I was thinking they still had nav radio

controls on the pedestal. But I guess not.. I checked the 777, which I don't fly, and

I noticed it's nav entries are on the CDU also.

But I haven't used any of the add on FMC/CDU's so not aware if any will do that.

There is one I saw that had two versions.. A Boeing mode, and an Airbus mode,

but I forgot the name of it. It was fairly recent though.

What causes it not to work? It won't let you select the ILS frequency?

The CDU in the Aerosim VC is bugged and makes the ILS course selection panel in the CDU and MCP speed setting increase by amounts of 10. That means I cant get the correct course selected for ILS landings, so its pretty much useless atm. Speed I dont mind because I can do that manually anyway, but no course for ILS is extremely aggravating.

All I need I think is a different CDU with the similar ILS functions and it should (in theory) work properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived