WOAI Sudden Problem

ryanspringer2294

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate some help on this matter.

I recently downloaded an updated WOAI file for United Airlines, but when I double clicked on the installer to run it, nothing happens. I have looked elsewhere, and I cannot find any reference to anyone having a similar problem.

I have tried (to no avail):

System Restore

Run as administrator

Moving the installer

Placing the traffic file in the WOAI folder

I haven't changed anything on my computer that would affect WOAI since the last time I used it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

* What precice version of Windows?

* Did version of Windows change since you last used the WOAI installer?

-------------------

WOAI installer keeps track of installed AI packages in a file:

WOAIDATAX

It's in the unzipped folder in which the WOAI installer is.

-------------

You can have more then one copy of the installer on your system at a time.

I would try:

*download fresh copy of the WOAI installer,

*unzip it.

*copy the WOAIXDATA file from your old folder to the newly unzipped one,

*try running that. (by double-clicking the .exe)

-----------------------------

Other suggestion. Sometimes a Antivirus blocks

"files that are not often downloaded"

Not because it knows it is a virus, but because it thinks these rare files are "Suspicious".

Check your AV rules to see if it is blocking the WOAI installer from running.

-------------------

Bonus question: Where did you download the United Airlines package from?

There were some problems reported in a thread a while ago about a package, United or American Airlines, not sure.

These problems were with the FSX version of the package.

The problem did not have to do with installing, but with hiding all traffic.

For that reason I downloaded the FS9 version of the packages, then converted them to fsx-type. I have converted all my traffic files. There were no issues with those fs9 ones.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on a Dell Inspiron N5110 with 8GB RAM.

I ran Windows 10 for a short while, but I was not happy with it, and went back to 7.

I did not use the installer while I was using 10, but before I upgraded I did, and it was working fine. I have just tried to use it this morning and it won't work.

The UAL package came from AVSIM:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=United+Airlines&CatID=fsxaia&Go=Search

I don't think its a problem with the UAL package, because I can't even get the installer to open. I tried run as admin, it came up with the dialog that usually comes up when run as admin is selected, I clicked yes, and...nothing happened. :(

Could be dotNet related. The installer is quite old and AFAIK it relies on .Net 2.0. You may have lost the necessary runtime modules when switching the OS.

I suggest checking out the documentation that comes with the installer, there used to be a part about that in it. To make completely sure, redownload the whole thing, in case some file got deleted that the installer needs to have in its folder.

I have the latest .NET version installed.

I don't know what else to do. :(

But this could just be it, dotNet is not cumulative. The versions are no updates - they are standalone runtimes. If it wants .Net 2.0 you may have to install that version too.

Right on the first page of the "Installer Documentation.doc" is says that quite clearly:

IMPORTANT: To use the installer you need to download and to install the Microsoft .NET framework 2.0

And make sure that all the files are in the directory where you execute the installer that came with the installers' download.

Oh, and maybe visit the Windows event log, check if there is an error message when you try to start the installer.

Archived