Graphics problem in fsx.

767300er

Hello I'm having some problems with weird graphics issues and was hoping someone could help. So recently I was making a flight from Tokyo to Hong Kong at some point I noticed weird color tiles appearing on the water and that the outside of the aircraft was black. I was also getting weird colors in the virtual cockpit as well. Idecided to reinstall fsx however this did not seem to fix the problem. After I reinstalled fsx a few other problems I noticed where that in the Level d 767 cockpit I wasn't getting any numbers displaying on the clock or the fuel gauges on the overhead panel and at the end of the flight I pressed alt to bring up the menus to exit the game however the text was gone. The textures on the plane are fine when I first start a flight but will usually go black at some point after I've been flying for awhile. I will include a link with some pics which will hopefully help.

http://imgur.com/a/sspFw

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Pc specs are

Win xp

Pentium D dual core cpu

Nvidia geforce 6800

2 gigs ddr2 ram

I would be looking at overheating on the graphics card as a possibility. Take the card out and make sure the hear sink and fans are clean and not clogged by dust. Check the rest of the box while you are at it. Dust is a major cause of over heating and poor performance.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

Thanks for the reply. I actually cleaned out my pc recently and long story short had to replace my old gpu due to overheating but even when I was having problems with my old gpu overheating I wasn't having any graphics issues with fsx. With the replacement gpu everything was working fine up until about the past week or two. I have checked my gpu temps since this problem started and am getting 41c as the core temp and 29c as the board temp which I think is normal for such an old gpu. I've also tried running other games which seemed to run fine.

In the past when I had seen stuff like that it was from running out of resources

in one way or another. You only have 2 g ram, which isn't a whole lot for FSX.

I kind of doubt there is actually anything wrong with the sim, or the puter. It just

ran out of gas I bet.. :(

Could be, but I've had fsx since it first came out and I've had a few problems with the sim over the years but for the most part I have been able to run it without any problems other than the usual low fps, so I don't know why all of the sudden it wouldn't be able to handle it.

Thanks

The symptoms suggest that you are running out of memory resources. A simple way to check this would be to check the resources being used in task manager. You could also confirm it by pausing the sim when you notice the glitches, this will allow the textures to 'catch up' as it overwrites older memory. Also try running the sim with lower settings.

It could also caused by a loose or failing RAM memory stick. As you have been inside the computer to replace the GPU I would check to see if you have accidently knocked something - especially the RAM modules. You could also try removing and reseating the RAM sticks.

Regards

Brian

All good advice. If all else fails, I would look at junkware, malware and bloatware that may have collected on your system. I recommend the free 'Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) and Adware Cleaner. I also regulary use the free Glary Utilities. There are many other free tools out there that will find hidden stuff that can drastically slow down a system.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

I don't know if it is the same thing but a little while back I had problems with weird scenery tiles appearing in my FSX - land areas being painted as sea, black squares, tiles with text in them ... I finally traced the problem to an Orbyx scenery demo programme which I had installed and which was not coordinating properly with FSX. As soon as I disabled the Orbyx scenery in the scenery library (I didn't even have to remove the download from the computer) the problem went away. If you have any Orbyx scenery packages it might be a simple enough task to check them out (disable them one by one to see if there is any change) before going to the trouble of dismantling your computer. Good luck!
My rig specs: ASUS P8Z77-V Rev3 IZ77 4D3 LGA1155; Intel Core I7 3770K Ivy Bridge3 5gHz/8Mo; SSD 500Go Agility3; DD SATA-III, 1To, 7200T, 64Mo cache; DDRAM III PC-12800, 2 x 4 Go; NVidia 1060GTX TI SC 6Gb 1563-E3 (not over-clocked); Power supply - 850W Corsair HX850; Windows 7 Pro 64bits, FSX Gold (SP1+2, Acceleration).

Update time. So last night I had 2 unexpected blue screens of death however not while playing fsx. because of this I had to re-install the latest drivers for my gpu. At some point after this I tried running fsx to see what would happen and the first thing I noticed was that the planes were displaying with parts missing or parts facing in the wrong direction also when I loaded the flight then the game was lagging to a point where I couldn't play it. Then when I tried it tonight it ran smoother but I was still having problems with weird texture or textures for building showing up on the water. I decided to try Euro Truck Sim 2 too see if that gave me any problems but it seemed to run fine. So for some reason FSX is the only program to show any major problems and yet each time I run it I get a different set of problems the only problems that always occur are the ones I originally posted about.

Archived