Only 4 Major airline now exsist in the usa!

bva1920

This is just too sad for the aviation world. United, American, Delta and Southwest are now the only players in the fields as far as the big boy go and let me say how sad it is do to the fact that at the rate we are going their will be only one left and it will be the one who controls the air. Prices will go up and we will have no choice but to pay unless we start a massive car pool and send them a nasty message with our wallets, I may off base but if you look at how it is here Just imagine what it would be like across the pond.

After Deregulation, the last few decades have been a race to the bottom. Low fares, competing with Greyhound for a market that never existed before. Now there are four big Airlines left domestically. Hopefully it will bring us to a point where Airlines can charge what it actually cost without being undercut by companies that will go bankrupt in a few years. The Airlines have gotten better at not oversaturating certain routes. That way everyone flies with a full cabin and makes a profit. Profit is good, means pilots can make a good living and there's money for proper maintainance. I rather see three or four healthy, profitable airlines than eight or ten, in and out of bankruptcy protection.

Archived