3D Printing Replacement Handles - Saitek PZ45

RomanKoch

Hi there!

New to the hobby and picking up bits and pieces of a cockpit as I go (and can afford them).

I was able to pick up a used throttle quadrant (PZ45) that seems to work, but only had one handle going across all three axes. It was also missing the mounting hardware, but I was able to resolve that with a trip to Home Depot.

I have a friend that has a 3D Printer and was thinking someone might have .obj files for the stock handles (all three). It seems a bunch of folks here are into fabricating their own stuff, so I didn't think it would be too much of a stretch.

I sent something to Saitek/MadCatz, but it seems they want to cover it under warranty (with proof of NEW purchase) and are not open to selling me the parts. I can appreciate that, but still need the handles.

If anyone has the .obj files, OR has the knobs AND a modelling scanner (whatever a 3d scanner is called), please shoot me a message.

Thanks, all, for the help.

-Roman

i7-960, 32GB RAM, GTX 650 Ti 2GB

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys,

I have experience printing 3D knobs, handles, and buttons for flight simulators through my day job. If you could point me in the direction of the specific handle you're looking for I'd be happy to try and help. I have access to 3D modeling tools and 3D printers.

Archived