help I am constantly getting OOM's

Soar 21

Hello i have been getting a lot of OOM's recently and i am not to sure if there is a memory leak some where in my FSX

but any airport i spawn at even with the stock default aircraft I get an OOM. I have deleted the FSX.cfg i never used to get OOM's before only on the rare occasion. reinstall fsx and FSX repair are not feasible.

my Mods are

FTX Global 1.30

FTX Openlc NA

FTX openlc EU

FTX Norway

FTX England

FTX Scotland

FTX Wales

FTX Ireland

FTX NZ

FTX AU

REX E+OD

REX Texture Direct W/T Soft clouds

my current Pc specs

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2ghz

RAM: 12gb 1333 DDR3 ram ADATA

System Type; 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate Compaq

Video Card: Onboard GT9800 512mb shared Ram. GTX 750 1GB GDDR5 2500MHZ CLOCK Brand New Video Card

HDD: Seagate 1tb 7200rpm 64mb cache HDD

PSU: 550watt

MB: ACER DA078L-AM3

The CPU speed has nothing to do with an OOM. This is a VAS problem. I'd recommend downloading Process Explorer: http://filehippo.com/download_process_explorer/ . This will allow for additional isolation of the VAS problem. There is no way this should be happening on the initial load at any airport regardless of the addons installed...even with the sliders maxxed.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

The CPU speed has nothing to do with an OOM. This is a VAS problem. I'd recommend downloading Process Explorer: http://filehippo.com/download_process_explorer/ . This will allow for additional isolation of the VAS problem. There is no way this should be happening on the initial load at any airport regardless of the addons installed...even with the sliders maxxed.

Doug

i will try that did you want a report on the vas

those addons have always worked well with no issues

Were you using the same exact scenery settings in the past as you are now?

Did you have the same exact sceneries installed and activated in FSX scenery menu

in the past, compared to now? Same airplane?

You probably need to load less scenery at one time. FSX allocates VAS to all activated

sceneries even if you don't fly there. And you have a lot installed.

Photo sceneries are the worst VAS killers as far as scenery due to all the individual

textures, but even landclass and repeating texture scenery can use a lot when you have

a lot of extra packs installed.

You would be better off unloading from the FSX scenery menu any sceneries you don't

plan on flying to during that session. IE: if you are flying only in Canada, there is no

need to load all that EU scenery which eats into your VAS.

You might want to consider a scenery config editor like...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/?source=typ_redirect

BTW, I haven't used that config editor so not sure how it handles ORBX stuff,

but I see a message about it causing ORBX groups to vanish, and require the

restore function to bring them back.. Or something along those lines.

I've always done all mine manually in the scenery add on menu, and that might be

the best method just for testing. All you have to do is uncheck the ones you don't

want to load, and visa versa if you want to enable them again.

BTW, heavy high res cloud textures will eat more VAS also, so make sure not to

use ultra high res cloud textures unless you know you have the VAS available to

run them.

Check your graphics cards settings. Some anti-ailiasing modes can cause OOM errors super fast with even normal vanilla content. I know on Amd cards "temporal AA" is supposed to improve frame rates, but in most cases it just kills them instead. So that ones a no-no. Not sure on Nvidia cards, but best to check it in any case.

Also Im not sure you are actually supposed to run REX essentials w/OD and texture direct at the same time since they both edit the textures. That might be worth checking too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You might want to consider a scenery config editor like...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/?source=typ_redirect

BTW, I haven't used that config editor so not sure how it handles ORBX stuff,

but I see a message about it causing ORBX groups to vanish, and require the

restore function to bring them back.. Or something along those lines.

I'm using v1.1.3 of the editor and everything is OK with ORBX. I have all Global, all Regions, LC, Vector, and about half of the airports. I've been able to mix-and-match the ORBX stuff with no problems. Nice utility.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

It has been written already: if this didn't happen "before", then it is caused by something you did with/to the sim.

- Did you change texture resolution settings in the sim / in REX?

- Did you change the texture set in REX?

- Did you change/add AI traffic?

- Did you change the autogen settings?

- Did you add new textures somewhere for something?

- Did you add new gauges to your aircraft?

- Any other changes to settings or sliders?

- ... the list goes on.

You need to take a minute and reconsider - since when are you getting this exactly and what did you do that may cause it. OOMs can happen fairly easily in FSX, but usually not in the way you decribe it - that is: an instant OOM in default planes at every single airport.

Archived