FS9 does not start

josefabio

Hello everyone,

A friend recently installed fs9 on his laptop with windows 8.1 and was working perfectly. A few days ago, windows decided he needed to login with an administrator account. I activated the administrator account win win8 and tried. Now the message is gone but nothing else happens. No process is opened when viewed through the task manager. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling fs9 through the administrator account but when it finishes and it asks to run it doesnt do anything either. I noticed the fs9.cfg and the flight simulator files in my documents are missing, but I assume those get generated on the first load of the program. DirectX 11 is installed. Compatability mode is running with windows xp SP3 I believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i3 1.9GHz

6GB RAM

A quick search in this forum should have revealed this. It's on the 2nd page along with numerous other posts. It is most likely related to this.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?293089-Sim-won-t-load!

You do need to have the flight sim start the first time to build the fs9.cfg file.

For future reference, uninstalling and reinstalling is the last thing you want to do when you encounter problems. There is a recommended procedure to follow to do this properly. Try some troubleshooting first.

Archived