i5-3470 vs my AMD A10-6700

batuhan

Hi i was wondering if i will get better performance and FPS in fsx with i5-3470.

I will use PMDG 737 and 777, Fly Tampa sceneries and so on.

I am now using AMD A10-6700 with GTX 960 4GB and with tweaks i get 25.

My question is if i get the i5-3470 will it make it better

My PC

AMD A10-6700

GTX 960 4GB

8GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

600w PSU

See this: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-3470-vs-AMD-A10-6700

My take is that the i5 is a bit faster but I'm not sure the difference would be worth the investment. As long as you have to change the motherboard and RAM anyway why not look at the 4790K? The 4790K is still the fastest single-thread CPU and, as MKBHOU, has said that's what really counts with FSX performance.

Doug

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I would get a unlocked "K" cpu if an i5 for sure. An i5 clocked up is no slouch, and

probably the best bang for the buck if one had to pay the regular going prices for

the CPU's. I went with the i7 4790 only because I got it for $100+ off regular price.

Otherwise I would have spent the extra $30 or so bucks for the 4790k if I decided

to plunge for an over $300 US chip. Actually, being I am cheap, if I hadn't stumbled

across the cheap 4790, I probably would have bought a i5????k, and overclocked the

snot out of it. Which normal price I think is around $230-240US?? That's still more

than I paid for the 4790.."$198" I guess I got a pretty good deal on that thing, cuz I

haven't seen any others selling them that cheap since then.

Btw, hyperthreading, though it can help with running some other programs, is no benefit to fsx.

And hyperthreading is what the main difference is between the i5 and i7. The i7 has it, the i5 don't.

I have a i53570k, and am very happy with it. (And have been for the last two years.)

But, I never ried the PMDG.

I'm pretty sure I could use that thogh. I just got a new computer case with good cooling. The 15 is running now at 4.1 Ghz, and temperature stays around 60 degrees Celcius. While parked at a major airport with 4 Runways and loads of traffic (70%, WOAI) at dawn.

I use only the default scenery, no OrBX. But this is a nice complex Addon for EHAM. (Stefan Liebe made the Addon I think.)

after parked for 1 hour, 3 Runways active:

eham-1.jpg

eham-2.jpg

after 40 mins.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The i5's will run the heavy planes no problem. Even the older 2500k's and such would run

the NGX no problem, and a bit better than the Phenom IIx4 at 3.5-3.6 ghz that I used to

run.

If you compare the latest i5k against the i7 4790 locked that I'm using, there isn't a whole

lot of difference as far as FSX is concerned. For single core, they are almost the same,

and the difference seems to be the i7 3.6 ghz vs the 3.5 ghz of the stock i5.

If you clocked up the i5 to 4 ghz +, it could well pass the 4790 at single core specs.

It's close enough that it would probably be hard to tell much difference when running

FSX. Or in theory anyway..

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4790-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4690K

Now other apps games that use multi threads, etc, it might be a different story

if they take full advantage of eight threads vs four.

The i5's will run the heavy planes no problem. Even the older 2500k's and such would run

the NGX no problem, and a bit better than the Phenom IIx4 at 3.5-3.6 ghz that I used to

run.

If you compare the latest i5k against the i7 4790 locked that I'm using, there isn't a whole

lot of difference as far as FSX is concerned. For single core, they are almost the same,

and the difference seems to be the i7 3.6 ghz vs the 3.5 ghz of the stock i5.

If you clocked up the i5 to 4 ghz +, it could well pass the 4790 at single core specs.

It's close enough that it would probably be hard to tell much difference when running

FSX. Or in theory anyway..

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4790-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4690K

Now other apps games that use multi threads, etc, it might be a different story

if they take full advantage of eight threads vs four.

Thank you for an Amazing answer to my question man!!

Archived