Administrator rights for logging in to FS9 on windows 7

Wrongway Feldman

Hello all.

As with many other recent FS9 users, I was quite baffled by the fact that I couldn't log on to my flight sim. In my first attempt to remedy the problem, I switched my FS9 to administrator log in.

My initial install was renamed and put outside of the x86 program files so I wouldn't have to deal with this every time I logged on.

How do I, or can I, reverse this action so that I don't have to deal with the warning screen.

Many thanks.

Wrongway Thaddeus Feldman

Microsoft decided to stop supporting some DRM in Windows 10 making sure you can't launch FS2004 without a patch.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?292483-FS2004-under-Windows-10

Now they also dropped the support for some DRM and drivers in Windows 7 and 8 since the last "security" update.

Known issues in this security update

After you install this security update, some programs may not run. (For example, some video games may not run.) To work around this issue, you can temporarily turn on the service for the secdrv.sys driver by running certain commands, or by editing the registry.

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3086255

They have a workaround, but the best thing to do is to ask Microsoft for a DRM free version of FS2004 or to use another flight simulator.

the best thing to do is to ask Microsoft for a DRM free version of FS2004...

Which is never going to happen.

... or to use another flight simulator.

...or use the no-cd patch and continue to run your much beloved FS9 without the need of changing to another sim.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived