Ref FS Scene

VIMANA

Can FS Scene run with GEX installed in FSX?

VIMANA

Do you mean FScene4 X like here: https://www.fspilotshop.com/fscene-totalpack-p-1992.html

That one does the same thing as GEX. Both replace the textures in FSX. You should deactivate the GEX regions before you install FScene so you don't screw up GEX too much. I installed FScene first, so that GEX is not aware of a second texture addon and makes a backup of this state when first installed. That way I can revert back. And then I muddied it up further with FTX Global. My recommendation: don't do this...

Should have said I have GEX & UTX installed, also I was referring to "FS Scene"; not FS Scene4.

So it seems installing "FS Scene" would not enhance my current textures experience. However

after a bit more "digging" I came across someone with " Flight Environment Extreme" installed in addition

to my current setup; with v good results.

Opinions would be welcome.

regards

VIMANA

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. I cannot find any product called "FS Scene" anywhere. All that I know coming close by name is "FScene" in all it's incarnations - and that one is exactly the same as GEX.

What exactly is it that you want to improve?

You don't need anything to complement GEX+UTX on the ground, texture or landclass wise. Those are two of the best addons for that purpose already. You could switch over to ORBX FTX Global & Vector & Open Landclass but that would be just exchanging one addon with another of the same type. Every other addon out there of the same type will probably downgrade your experience or screw it up completely.

All that you can/should add is a weather texture addon like REX, a weather engine and a good elevation mesh like FSGenesis or FS Global.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. I cannot find any product called "FS Scene" anywhere. All that I know coming close by name is "FScene" in all it's incarnations - and that one is exactly the same as GEX.

What exactly is it that you want to improve?

You don't need anything to complement GEX+UTX on the ground, texture or landclass wise. Those are two of the best addons for that purpose already. You could switch over to ORBX FTX Global & Vector & Open Landclass but that would be just exchanging one addon with another of the same type. Every other addon out there of the same type will probably downgrade your experience or screw it up completely.

All that you can/should add is a weather texture addon like REX, a weather engine and a good elevation mesh like FSGenesis or FS Global.

I owe an apology for confusion "FS Scene"....no such thing and FScene it should have been!

Most reviews seem to recommend ASN plus Rex (Weather/Textures respectively) so will probably go for those!

Thanks for your patience with me.

Regards

ANAMIV

Archived