Panel Configuration File

jparnold

Can anyone either point me to or tell me how to obtain a copy of a file containing the Microsoft Panel Configuration File which is located at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526956.aspx.

I want to create/save an electronic file which I can view at anytime on my PC (which I can edit to quickly look for something within) rather than just print it out and have to both find a place to keep it and also read through it each time I am looking for something.

I have clicked on the PRINT icon on the webpage and then printed it to a file (created a PDF file) using CUTEPDF but either only the first page is created only or the first and last page (and yes I AM selecting 'all pages' when I carry this out).

Thanks

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

The info is in the SDK.

Install the SDK, it's on your FSX-Deluxe (and FSX-Accelleration) Disks.

Follow the instructions here to do this. Read a few times before you start. Ask questions if then still not sure.

Make sure you do read it and don't just start asking. Rewriting the guide is not usefull, because the install depends on what DVD's you have, etc.

(The instructions do not apply to FSX Steam btw. That works differently.)

http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

The SDK will give you many tools to create files for fsx. For instance, you will be able to use programs to create airports, like ADE (airport design editor), You can make your own gauges, etc.

But it will also give ou a menu in: "Start menu"-"Microsoft Games"-"FSX-SDK".

In there the manuals to use the SDK, and also the lists of options for the panel.cfg and the aircraft.cfg files.

Actually, everything you find on the site you mentioned is there.

(By the way, that site is about the ESP-SDK. This is very close to FSX, but there are small differences.

The FSX-SDK that you install from the disks is made specifically for FSX.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks

I didn't think of looking in the SDK.

No I'm not considering rewriting it not am I considering asking questions which are answered in it :-)

Not related to this original post but just in case one of you knows-

What is the usual FONT used for the registration letters on default (esp B737-800) FSX aircraft. I want to change the registration id to match a desk top model I have. There are so many different faults (W7) and I gave up after trying over 30 which looked liked they would work.

Thanks again

John

John

Ah, no, I meant I wasn't going to rwrite the FSDeveloper-SDK-Wiki guide! That's perfect just the way it is.:)

You can find the panel.cfg explanation when you open the FSX-SDK from the start menu in:

Simobject Creation Kit --- Panels and Gauges SDK --- Panel Configuration files.

And the list of what is in the aircraft.cfg files is in:

Simobject Creation Kit --- Simobjects Container SDK --- Aircraft Configuration Files

il

(had not seen your post-edit before I posted this)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I want to change the 'texture' file (by converting to BMP, editing with Paint Shop Pro to change the registration details on the side fuselage and then converting back to DDS or whatever it is)

John

Archived