This could be a sensitive subject

ninja123

I have stumbled across a free download , iFly 747-400 .

I notice there have been 44500 downloads .

My question is --- Is there anyone out there who has this download ?

I am a little apprehensive about installing this download .

I am a fan of iFly products and have great experiences with the 737NG payware .

Before I install , am I breaching any regulations ?

Or should I go to the iFly website and ask permission ?

Why has this become freeware on another site ?

ninja

There is, and has been for several years, a version of the iFly 747-400 that was freeware long before the current payware 747-400 was released; that's what you are seeing. It is in the file library here as well. Some notes: this is completely unsupported by iFly, the AIRAC is not updateable by the current releases from Navigraph and Aerosoft, many features of the payware 747-400 are not implemented in the old freeware release.

DJ

I have it too. It's a freeware alright, and it has been around for a while.

No airac as said. But if you type in the coordinates flyable. Coordinates easy to find if you set a plan from airport to airport to airport.

Even has some ils approaches programmed in. Managed a working ils approach frankfurt 07R. Taking over manually at 400 ft or so.

Fun, but took some time to do. Starting over a few times because the plan 'dropped out' and I could not get it going again.

Was my first flight using a FMC.

Found out you really need to set up correctly before takeoff, then everything works and you are along for the ride. And best not to 'play' with the FMC in flight. Just manage speed and look out the window.

Make sure you set the fmc to always start up with engines running. Otherwise the last state is saved and you may end up with cm aircraft that you can't start the engines on.

Worth trying out at least once. I find the overhead panel most impressive.

Enjoy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is, and has been for several years, a version of the iFly 747-400 that was freeware long before the current payware 747-400 was released; that's what you are seeing. It is in the file library here as well. Some notes: this is completely unsupported by iFly, the AIRAC is not updateable by the current releases from Navigraph and Aerosoft, many features of the payware 747-400 are not implemented in the old freeware release.

DJ

That should be enough to tell you it's totally legal to download.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I should add, if you try it out, set the volume low!!

It has a tendency to start with an alarm blaring.

Don't remember what that was. Take off config warning perhaps. Or IRS. Or maybe something in the fmc.

Anyway, set volume extremely low. It's deafening.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Plus, after installing, you will find a folder in fsx, "ifly", with a 50 page manual.

Best read that, or all the buttons will drive you up th wall. :)

i installed it 4 years ago and shortly after vowed never to touch it again.

A year ago I broke that promise, and found the manual. Glad I did. It's still in my aircraft folder today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With respect....to all...I downloaded the Ifly 747 that is mentioned...but then realized that I had the PMDG 747....and the Ifly was no where like that PMDG...so I deleted the Ifly...and now, PMDG is designing a new version of the 747....so all I fly now is really PMDG stuff plus once in awhile Level D and the Quality Wings 757,,,, don't mean to offend anyone but those I mentioned are the best that I have seen for the big Iron on flight simulators so far in over two decades....I am not speaking of aircraft of other interests like smaller aircrafts, helicopters or anything else ...only the big Iron.....al v

Archived