black box calibration issue, reverse thrust not correctly.

captain911

Hey folks,

I seriously need your advise/experience about calibrate my black box A330/A340. My reverse thrust is not correctly... Ill post a pic below so you can see what im talking about. Im trying days to figure out but I cant, I did everything (even I reinstall it). On Facebook page of BBS I guess the developers cant help me with this. I will appreciate if somebody can help me....

11844995_10155992535095646_4899980470860311571_o.jpg

Are you using external controllers with this? If so, which one?

What happens if you use the keyboard controls? Reverse has to be stowed when you advance the throttles, so pressing F4 should clear it.

Sorry, but unless you describe in detail

- your hardware, especially controllers and what drivers you are using

- your software, especially all addons in FSX

- what goes wrong when you do what exactly

it is very hard to give any advice...

JOYSTICK THROTTLE CALIBRATION

When you first load the airbus you will need to calibrate your joystick throttle to allow

proper use of the thrust lever detents.

1. To do this open the MCDU from the menu, and press the MCDU MENU button

2. Press the Input Calibration button on LSK R3 (line select key right 3)

3. Select whether you have 1 or 2 throttle levers on your Joystick. LSK R5

4. Set MINIMUM Throttle on your joystick and then note the number that is displayed below

either

THROTTLE AXIS for single throttle mode

or

ENG1(2) THROT AXIS for dual throttle mode. 1 or 2 depending on which of the dual throttles you are moving.

Note: This does not currently support separate calibration for 1 & 2 throttles if your min max range for both is not identical the differences should be so small it will not cause an issue.

5. Enter this number into the green INPUT MIN Box using the MCDU Keypad

6. Set MAXIMUM Throttle on your joystick and note the number displayed as in step 4

7. Enter this number into the green INPUT MAX Box using the MCDU keypad

8. These setting will be saved so should not need recalibrating

JOYSTICK THROTTLE CALIBRATION

When you first load the airbus you will need to calibrate your joystick throttle to allow

proper use of the thrust lever detents.

1. To do this open the MCDU from the menu, and press the MCDU MENU button

2. Press the Input Calibration button on LSK R3 (line select key right 3)

3. Select whether you have 1 or 2 throttle levers on your Joystick. LSK R5

4. Set MINIMUM Throttle on your joystick and then note the number that is displayed below

either

THROTTLE AXIS for single throttle mode

or

ENG1(2) THROT AXIS for dual throttle mode. 1 or 2 depending on which of the dual throttles you are moving.

Note: This does not currently support separate calibration for 1 & 2 throttles if your min max range for both is not identical the differences should be so small it will not cause an issue.

5. Enter this number into the green INPUT MIN Box using the MCDU Keypad

6. Set MAXIMUM Throttle on your joystick and note the number displayed as in step 4

7. Enter this number into the green INPUT MAX Box using the MCDU keypad

8. These setting will be saved so should not need recalibrating

I guess logitech 3D pro joystick is a single throttle right? I dont understand "enter this number into green input min box" What number? and where i enter the number? the only thing thing i can enter a number is on "null zone".

Yes, your joystick is "single throttle".

The way I see it, this guide is for the other package, the 320 Prologue or an older version of the 330...

Looking at your screenshot, I suggest you set your thrust lever to minimum and press the left "SET" LSK under "Idle". Then you push the throttle forward and press the right "SET" LSK under "TOGA". Nullzone you keep at the default settings or set it to 0.

Only thing that makes sense IMO.

BTW do you have FSUIPC?

Is your thrust lever working on all the other planes?

FSUIP per se won't fix anything (unless BBS required it to be there in the first place). But where FSUIPC helps is figuring out what is going wrong I guess. If you use FSUIPC you can turn off all controllers in FSX controls menu, and calibrate them in FSUIPC. So you eliminate one possible source for the problem: a wrong calibration in FSX to begin with. And in FSUIPC you can see the range your thrust lever goes through when you move it, this will be helpful too, to determine the min and max values of the slider. But FSUIPC has a learning curve too, until you can use it properly.

If BBS decided to run their own calibration, then there should be some kind of config file somewhere in the installation of the plane. So it is theoretically possible to manipulate that file directly and forget about the MCDU. But you have to find it first. I suggest you check in your main FSX directory if BBS put a subfolder in there and if in that one there is an INI or CFG file. If you find it, open it with notepad and check if it says something about calibration/joystick/controls somewhere. But the file could be in the SimObjects folder too, so check there also.

I only have this problem with BBS planes..... Im thinking maybe it is BBS bug or something because seriously i cant find any solution. The other day i was looking BBS aircraft.cfg file but didnt notice anything strange. I might check again more carefully..

So, you see the green line, at least that is something. And you calibrated idle and TOGA with the LSKs, right? So the green line moves with your thrust lever?

What is the effect in the cockpit when you advance the thrust lever? Does it work, do the throttles advance and do the reversers get stowed? When exactly do they deploy?

BBS really relies on FSUIPC to work, that is for sure. I just got me the 340 Prologue (I was curious) but unfortunately I don't have any problems so far.

Archived