WIndows 10 annoying issues

Speedbird ATC

Hi guys, I am having several annoying issues with Windows 10. First, FSX constantly ctds at random points of flight (other games do this as well) second, twice during landing I have had windows constantly making beep noises, the type you get when press backspace to much, or something like that. Please help?
Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

Windows 10 works beautifully with FSX and better than with Win 7.

1. Make sure your video driver is up to date with a Win 10 driver. Or we need to know the error report from the ctds.

2. If you have something monitoring your virtual memory it could be that warning seeing it happens while landing. Turn down your FSX sliders and see if the beeping goes away.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

To the OP,

1.- Event Viewer, show us the log after the CTD.

2.- A shot in the dark: Scenery problems. See if you can remember where you were flying when the CTD happened. Then see if you have an addon of that region, neutralize it (take it off).

Good luck.

Did you really expect a game as old as FSX to work flawlessly with a brand new Windows OS? I'm sticking with Windows7.

Actually I got more than expected. I am with the Win 10 UPGRADE and I'll be waiting for a clean install next year. So far, nothing broken, in a heck of a lot of programs originally installed by Win 7 including FSX and friends.

Cheers,

Did you really expect a game as old as FSX to work flawlessly with a brand new Windows OS? I'm sticking with Windows7.

There are many reports of FSX working just fine in Windows 10, if it is correctly installed and configured. So, yes, it is a reasonable expectation.

How can I have happy flying when my game just drops down when I am on approach? And I just found out those beeps were ooms! I have never gotten a oom in my life! May I ask why I upgraded if I was going to get WORSE performance?

You asked for it:

What's your rig?

x64?

What plane?

What is Event Viewer showing?

Where are you flying?

What other programs are you running with FSX?

What is "...game just drops down..."?

Are you avoiding the word CTD?

How did you come out it was an OOM?

Cheers,

You asked for it:

What's your rig?

x64?

What plane?

What is Event Viewer showing?

Where are you flying?

What other programs are you running with FSX?

What is "...game just drops down..."?

Are you avoiding the word CTD?

How did you come out it was an OOM?

Cheers,

I don't have event viewer. I am flying the PMDG 777, whe nI say the game drops down I mean it minimizes to task bar. I am running ASN and Vpilot. I know its an oom because the game told me so

I guess I asked for it now...

Out of curiosity when "... drops down I mean it minimizes to task bar." you click it, what happens next? Does it open back again even in a blocked state??? I haven't ever seen an OOM but I do not use/own those heavy addons either. If it is still minimized in the taskbar FSX instance is still there. A couple of pictures of your desktop would be illuminating specially the one about the OOM message.

"I don't have event viewer." Get it. Windows Keyboard + X select Event Viewer.

Tell Win 10 to open FSX in "comparability -> Win 7" run it and see what happen. Note: Do not take whatever Win 10 offers first insist in Win 7. Follow the instructions and do not rush it. Think.

Get this software from Spilfred: http://www.avsim.com/topic/450800-fsx-vas-monitor/

You can always go the way of FSX-SE which apparently handles VAS much better.

It wouldn't hurt reading about OOM: https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=vas%20monitor%20fsx

Cheers,

Archived