Wilco posky merge

Taneb

In 99,5% of the cases this kind of merge is impossible, as the VC is part of the airplane model and cannot simply be moved to another one.

Depending on what you want to do there are only two options:

- If the exterior of the Posky is what you want, you can theoretically merge it into the Wilco as a livery

- If the flight dynamics of the Posky are what you want, you can try to edit the Wilco's aircraft.cfg to reflect that.

In 99,5% of the cases this kind of merge is impossible, as the VC is part of the airplane model and cannot simply be moved to another one.

On the contrary, if (but ONLY IF) both aircraft have FSX native models, the exterior and interior are separate models, and can THEORETICALLY be merged in almost 100% of the cases.

Besides the theory, other things have to be considered, like panel compatibility and practical use (in theory one could merge a chopper VC into a jetliner for example :rolleyes:).

But in this case, the POSky CRJ-200s don't have FSX native models IIRC, so can't be merged with anything.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

On the contrary, if (but ONLY IF) both aircraft have FSX native models, the exterior and interior are separate models, and can THEORETICALLY be merged in almost 100% of the cases.

Wim

But this would give you the optical illusion only, right? The probability that an airplane addon would still work with a "foreign" VC is pretty remote, isn't it? And it gets even more improbable with the sophistication of the model (like, bolting the PMDG 777 VC onto a really bad 787 as has been suggested recently).

Even though people tend not to read them, most EULAs state that reengineering, decompiling or fiddling with the model in general is forbidden.

But this would give you the optical illusion only, right? The probability that an airplane addon would still work with a "foreign" VC is pretty remote, isn't it? And it gets even more improbable with the sophistication of the model (like, bolting the PMDG 777 VC onto a really bad 787 as has been suggested recently).

That's exactly what I meant by theoretically.

Even though people tend not to read them, most EULAs state that reengineering, decompiling or fiddling with the model in general is forbidden.

I don't think anyone can forbid you to fiddle for own use AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DISTRIBUTE IT. That's why all prefetched VC merges in the library (which include Microsoft stuff) are in fact illegal.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

That's exactly what I meant by theoretically.

I don't think anyone can forbid you to fiddle for own use AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DISTRIBUTE IT. That's why all prefetched VC merges in the library (which include Microsoft stuff) are in fact illegal.

Wim

Many thanks for the confirmation. I was confused for a moment there, about theory and practical application

Archived