Swap panel bitmaps

ira

I found a hawker fighter plane with its panel that I would like to use for a North American T6 Texan.

I took all the instruments off the Hawker panel and switched the Hawker panel too the T6.

Now we have the Hawker Panel Bitman only....with my T6 instruments on the Hawker Panel.

When I started FS9 and selected the T6 all of my instruments showed up, .... but the Hawker

Panel was missing.

Question: Am I on the right track by trying this, or is there something about the size of the

Hawker Panel bitmap, pixels etc. that won't let it install on the T6 ? Both the Hawker and the T6 are fs9.

Make sure that your panel.cfg file references the Hawker panel bmp.

Check the graphic size, too, as most are 1024 x 768.

What I like to do for my custom panels is put them in a custom folder under the aircraft. Such as panel.2

Then, in the aircraft.cfg file, copy the version you like, such as [fltsim.0] with the next higher number, change the title to custom panel and in the panel entry change from blank to 2. In this way you can easily change aircraft and panels, from original to custom.

Alternatively, you can alias the panel to the Hawker's panel.

Make a second [flightsim.n] as described above, make a new panel folder, like panel.2 as mentioned, then in the panel.cfg file just put in the following:

[fltsim]
alias=\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\Panel.Fleet

This, obviously, is just an example. The first \ indicates the airplane folder, in this case (since it IS an airplane...), then the path to the panel you want it to use. Like maybe "\Hawker F900546 Fighter\panel" (I made that up, just in case you wondered :D ).

This method saves a lot of space, as you don't need to copy all the bitmaps, specialty gauges (if any), long panel.cfg file, etc etc. Just a simple notepad file with 2 lines. Quick, simple, easy, painless.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived