Sceenery Question

Deirdre_H

Greetings everyone,

I am new to flight simulator, and am using FS98, my question is concerning scenery, I am overwhelmed by all the scenery files

available. If I want to for example fly from JFK N.Y to SF Ca. do I need all of the scenery in between? What happens if you fly over areas that have no installed scenery?

Thank you very much.

• Founder

You don't need anything besides what comes in the box. All versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator have some level of scenery for pretty much the entire world. They also have enhanced scenery for certain smaller areas.

What you might want to do is just add scenery for your departure point and destination, since takeoff and landing is when you're closest to the ground and most able to observe the more detailed scenery.

Also, start slow...don't try and load up every add-on available all at once. Do them one at a time and make sure each works before adding another.

Thank you NELS, I will do that.

mgH, I guess I kind of enjoy the old programs, they were very lightweight and add-on for FS98 are very small downloads. Once I learn more of Flight Simulator I may have a want for more graphically real versions.

Archived