Huge issue with FSX SP1

Aldebar

Hi there,

I am very sorry if this issue already has a thread dedicated to it, but I could not find one here.

I'm having huge issues with Fsx_SP1. I want to instal GSX, but it's telling me that it requires SP2, which requires SP1... So i've downloaded both SP's but I can't seem to find a way to have the installer work on my machine. The message that comes up is the following : " the service pack requires the original release of Flight Simulator X, please install flight simulator X and then start SP1 installation again".

Problem: I do have Flight simulator X. The edition I have is the Steam edition, so I don't know if this is what actually troubles the installer. Might I add, that I bought FSX and all add-ons, did not download anything illegally.

I'd appreciate any help I could get on this issue, as it is a very very annoying problem for me.

For further info: I run Windows 7 on bootcamp.

Thank you so much for your help and support

T

FSX Steam edition does not need any SPs, it contains everything ever released already (including SP2 and Acceleration)

GSX installation problems are not uncommon with the Steam Edition, they are AFAIK related to SimConnect (wrong or missing version).

There are a couple of threads in the FSDreamTeam forums about this.

FSX Steam edition does not need any SPs, it contains everything ever released already (including SP2 and Accelleration)

GSX installation problems are not uncommon with the Steam Edition, they are AFAIK related to SimConnect (wrong or missing version).

There are a couple of threads in the FSDreamTeam forums about this.

Thanks so much for your answer. I will go check out what's been said over in the FSDream Team forums

Cheers

Archived