Help! FSXBA Hornet blue angel problem

Hey everybody,

I am having a new problem with the fsxba hornet blue angel two seater. The problem is its tailhook is always stuck down and will not go back up if I hit the tailhook switch, can anyone help me?

This plane has had quite a few problems, and I am also wondering if there is an update for it?

Its file name is FSXBA2014 BA 14.8.

Also one last thing, does anyone know if the fleet version comes with a D model, or is there somewhere I can get one?

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

Yes, there are 2 updates available. There is a FSXBA 15.2 by Jimi, in the new hornet thread, page 38. just look for it down the page a bit. It's located here, like I saif, page 38. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.0.html Some huge improvements made ny Jimi, Orion and the gang. Yes I am pretty sure both C&D models are included, and the BA paints are available.

Then there is the FSXBA NH version, up to 2.3 now. Peter took the FSXBA 15.2 hornet and improved on it a lot. better textures, and more paints, both C and D models (1&2 seaters). It's available in the thread here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10839.0.html Yes, the Blue Angel paints are included, but the smoke system doesn't work in Peter's version. You can fix this by ptting Jimi's BA panel into Peter's BA paint. If you want to, just ask, and I can walk you through it.

I know the VC works very well in both models, as I use them both a lot, and was helping Peter test his versions. Including hook, both up and down, using the handle in the cockpit AND the key combination default in FSX (CTRL+ Q).

Does this help you some?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Glad I could help :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

just downloaded both the c and d models and all I get are the sound and texture files, I am not a fan of winzip now. can you help me?

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

There are 3 zip files per plane for the NH, CS, and FS planes. IE: the NH C model has two files, one for textures, one for the airplane, and one for the updates (if any). Sounds like you only DL'd the Texture file of the plane. Make sure you click the link for the particular plane you want, the textures for that plane, and any update file for it. Like for the NH C model alone there are 3 zip files, http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/jTPihmnP/file.html, http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/kXhZtuyI/file.html, and it's latest small update, http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/g6gHOEQz/file.html. For the NH D model there are another 3, and so on.

Pater's File system is a little unique, too. Each plane, again, let's say the NH C model, has several different folders to install, one for the Clean version, one for the training, one for hte Air-to air and so on. This way each slightly different plane has a different folder for it's aircraft.cfg file, texture specialty files, showing the sidewinders, say, whatever. The COMMON texture files are all in the main FSX NH folder, the .air files, the main SOund files, the Panel and Model files, and so on. It's an easy way to break out all the different types or loads without having to go in and modify files yourself. It also akes the total size of any one version, again, say the NH C model, much smaller and more easily comprehended.

But all that is after you DL the 3 zip files per plane :D

Also, each plane is a little different. The NH, for example is a modified, upgraded version of the FSXBA v15.2 (New Hornet), the CS is the CaptainSim version, also upgraded and improved, but whithout the NH's amazing FCS system. The FS is the Original FSX Acceleration version, with many many paint jobs, but no instrumentation like the NH, no FCS like the NH etc etc.

Does this help any?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad I could help again :D

I am presuming you are using Peter's NH models. That's the one I've been working on with him to try and perfect the .air and aircraft.cfg file settings. Jimi and Orion contributed extensively to the FCS, along with the rest of the systems modeling (all the Panel.cfg .xml files), and they are light-years ahead of my poor old brain on those :)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the plane. As far as I know, it's what the FSX Blue Angels demo team use, and they are beyond good.

A few, I understand, are even real world F/A-18C/D/E/F/G model pilots, active or retired. Real good bunch though, not arrogant at all, as I expected after dealing with nasal radiators for my entire time in the military.

Have a great time, read the manual, and learn the systems. It's worth the book time :)

Remember to use the AICarriers.NET, not exe. It works better and uses fewer "resources" (CPU time). And add vLSO. They are heartless, meanspirited men but they are usually very accurate in their assessments, and real nice to have in a Case III carrier landing :D Especially for a bunch of non-existent AI voices LOL!

I still think they're heartless, though :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I am using the NH model, I love this plane!

I will read the manual, I still am not the best hornet pilot, but I am pretty good.

Thanks again for your help Pat! :D

Glad to be of help!

Hey, if you know, or figure out the "Pirouette" maneuver, can you give me a hint on it? Every time I think I have it, I depart the plane. I have looked, but nothing really explains it so far. Essentially, is it just a really tight turn at 30 AOA and 120 kts? One pilot described it as a hammer head turn with a 1/4 roll thrown in, but I didn't think it was a vertical maneuver, maybe I'm wrong. I always thought a hammer-head was a relatively vertical maneuver, no? I've tried it, but no luck. I still depart.

Anyway, any help on this would be a huge help :D

And Peter, Orion, Jimi and all the rest will be glad another fan has joined in the ranks! Just so you know, Jimi and Orion, mainly, are currently working on an FCS upgrade. They are trying to make it as close to the real-world FCS control logic as possible. I am hoping we can join their upgrade to this plane, since it's pretty close to real-world FDE as Peter (and me, a little bit :D )can make it, so far. Still needs a little fine-tuning to account for FSX limitations, but I think he's zeroing in. He and Jimi are kinda taking a bit of a summer vacation, sort of, although Peter is working on some Texture improvements and additions (more squadrons! And more, and more and...), sound fine-tuning, and so on.

Anyhow, enjoy! And for ME, doing carrier work is a lot more enjoyable with AICarriers.NET going. The WOD of a moving carrier is a lot better than making the wind in the SIM try to simulate it, on a stationary boat. You can make the Sim's winds account for exactly the right WOD, and direction, as the boat only moves at 25 kts, and the '18 is supposed to have 35 down the angle. Makes the aim-point for landing a lot more realistic (the "crotch"), the turns, drift, everything. Just thought I'd mention it :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know the "Pirouette" maneuver, sorry about that.

I love using AiCarriers along with Vlso, both are wonderful programs! :cool:

Archived