Fsuipc 2.87

bobvan

1) Is it the payware or the freeware?

2) Actually, you may want to go to Mr. Dowson's blog site, http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html, and DL the latest version, 3.999z9. It's a lot better than the older versions, and a lot of the 3RD party downloads that use FSUIPC need the later versions.

3) Make sure the game is closed. Unzip the zip file that FSUIPC came in, and MOVE (not copy) the DLL to the modules folder of FS2004 (C:\Games\Microsoft\FS2004\Modules for example). Once it's there, start FS2004, and open FSUIPC in the game's menu, and enter the codes for anything that needs it, like the Radar, or the TCAS system.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

PhantomTweak, I have to ask, when you recommend MOVE (not copy) the DLL to the modules folder of FS2004, what might happen if it is copied? For example if downloaded, unzipped etc in a download folder away from FS2004, then the DLL is copied, is there concern the system may still see the DLL in the download folder? I have it this way and have always copied the DLL but, I may have something to learn here.

And I certainly agree with your suggestion to the original poster. I have always used the registered FSUIPC in FS2004 and FSX-SE. They are a must have in my opinion.

Why in the world do you want 2.87? What can you possibly be running that requires it? The oldest version I have in my hoard is 2.9.7 which is dated 3/14/2003. If you are running FS9, and I presume you are since you posted here, you should get 3.999z9 as Pat mentioned above.

DJ

FSUIPC3 current full version comes as an exe full installer. It normally will find a path to FS9 from the registry and if not it will give you the option to browse to the FS9 folder. It will put itself in the FS9/modules folder plus full documentation.

If you want all of its features independent of registration by installed programs for certain features they use then you purchase a user paid registration from:

http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc3.phtml

and you get e-mail or whatever with the key by looking at your simmarket order history.

I recommend you download the full version prior to your registration from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Version 2 was for FS8 and was freeware for full functionality as I recall. Version 3 came out for FS9 as payware for full user features. Valid freeware authors can request registration for their application and paid applications that require it should include, but not always, developer paid registration for the features it requires.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PhantomTweak, I have to ask, when you recommend MOVE (not copy) the DLL to the modules folder of FS2004, what might happen if it is copied?

I read some time ago that multiple copies of the DLL on one drive, not just partition, but drive, will cause problems to the game (FS9). I WAS having problems with the game crashing unexpectedly and frequently. I did a search on my drives and found the many many copies of various versions I had DL'd and installed, gathered them all up, and zipped them onto an external drive I use for storage, then unplugged it. Almost no trouble since.

SO! I always recommend that people unzip external to the game, as most of our experts tell us to, and then MOVE the DLL over, not COPY.

That was my reason. When I next stumble across the quote I will put it up on this thread.

Version 3 came out for FS9 as payware for full user features

Just to be sure, FSUIOC3 may be used as freeware, without the registration paid, although Mr. Dowson has put a LOT of effort into both v3 and especially v4, making it Steam-compatible within a day of FSX-SE's release, back in January. In my mind he deserves something for all the effort he has put into this great piece of software. If I weren't so tight on cash he would have my registration paid, and should I happen to get enough free cash, he most certainly will get paid. Until then, I am currently forced to utilize the freeware version (actually the same file, just need to register to unlock all the goodies).

As to exe installers, I NEVER trust them, and always point them to a temp folder, and then move or copy what I need to where IT needs, as it were. But this is just my personal little quirk, is all. I want to see what goes where, and some installers can be a tad sneaky about that. I trust Mr. Dowson implicitly, it's just my policy, is all.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Pat, thanks for the reply, no need to find the quote and post it, you have me convinced to do some cleaning. And the reason I wanted you to confirm is I vaguely remember something about having duplicate DLL files may cause problems. Actually, to further support your recommendation, now I remember my Norton System Works (years back) had a feature to clean up duplicate DLL files. Now I understand why.

And your other bit of advice is well taken too. I will never run an auto installer again without pointing it to a safe folder. But I agree we can, and I always have, trusted Mr. Dowson. I have never once had a problem with his programs and I have a lot of his works (registered too).

Thanks again, great info you have provided.

Archived