FSX Shadow Issues

That's an addon texture. Try downloading it again and replacing that star Alliance texture folder wih a fresh copy.

A texture file in your copy may have become corrupt.

(Or is this affecting all textures?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its my own texture I made, and yes it is affecting all crj-700 textures. I believe it started after I grabbed a cockpit texture trying to put in my name as a custom cockpit thingy. The cockpit was black so the file was corrupt so I downloaded the default vc cockpit that you could download for the posky crj. I put in the texture but than this shadow thing happened. The blue image thing isn't loading when i open the file.

..... after I grabbed a cockpit texture trying to put in my name as a custom cockpit thingy. ....

do you mean you edited one of the files in the main crj700\Texture folder ?

The cockpit was black

So after the edited texture file the cockpit was black? And no backup?

default vc cockpit that you could download for the posky crj.

I found that, poskyfsxcrj-700vc.zip in the file library. But it says: "Default FSX Bombardier CRJ700 VC for the Project Open Sky Bombardier CRJ-700 only."

I think that means it won't work in the default crj700. (not sure).

Hang on.

I gave it a try. I downloaded the poskyfsxcrj-700vc.zip file. I compared the files in it to the ones with the same names in the default aircraft main texture folder.

I did a "byte-for-byte" compare and that concluded they were duplicates. It looks like they are identical.

But, not all the files from the FSX default bomardier-crj-700\texture are included. Your download contains 12 files, the original fsx folder contains 25.

So if you replaced only one edited texture file with one from the download, it should have worked I think.

But if you deleted an several original ones, this download may not have them all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your problem is tied to the 2 bump maps that should be present in the main texture folder.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

No, I don't think I can, copright.

What you could do is install only FSX Deluxe on a different pc but the not activate (only one activation per disk set allowed at a time). Not activating will mean you can not install accelertion on the second pc.

Then, don't play it on the second pc, but just go to the crj700 folder and grab the required texture.

I'm not 100% sure you will have the file you require then. It may need the acceleration update. But your chances are pretty good I think.

It's a bit of a hassle, but the install takes care of itself. It just takes around an hour, depending on DVD-player speed , and then you'll have the files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did check my folder and I currently have all 25 textures in my main folder, but I have narrowed down that it must be my bump map. For some reason my bump map will not load for my aircraft. Is there any other download except for the posky that I can get a bump map?

Archived