Second graphics card for panel only

I am using Prepar3D with two (but soon to expand to three) monitors for the main outside view, and another monitor for the 2D panel. All of these are connected to my main video card (GeForce GTX 980). However, the built-in nVidia Surround feature with bezel management assume all monitors will participate in the 'surround', which means the panel monitor is disabled.

So I am hoping that a second video card will allow me to attach the three main outside view monitors to the GTX980 with surround and bezel management, and attach the panel monitor to the second video card.

Anyone have experience with something like this? Or, recommendations for that second video card? I assume something fairly basic will work (about $100)

Intel i7 4790K 4Ghz / GeForce GTX 980 4GB / Asus Maximus VI Extreme / 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Hz

P3D v2 + ORBX / CS-1 Stallion (under construction)

https://flightsimathome.wordpress.com/

I run 2 monitors from my GE force GTX460 and my gauges monitor to a GE force 610. Paid about $60 for the 610.

Bruce

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

Thanks - I found a cheap 610 online and moved my panel over to it, works great. But then I discovered it WAS possible to run nVidia Surround on two monitors and not the third, from one card (just needed to re-enable the third from Windows). Oh well, a little extra GPU power won't hurt... maybe now I should see what happens if I try adding monitors for a left and right window too! I might *just* have enough ports....

Intel i7 4790K 4Ghz / GeForce GTX 980 4GB / Asus Maximus VI Extreme / 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Hz

P3D v2 + ORBX / CS-1 Stallion (under construction)

https://flightsimathome.wordpress.com/

Archived