AISuite

My question, does running the fans thru AISuite on high (maximum performance) take away from the performance or frame rate of FSX? I see it runs cooler.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Every additional program that you run will 'take away", will compete with the sim for resources. The question is, will you notice it? Only one way to find out...

On my system running the AISuite caused stutters, so I removed it...

With the AISuite then causing stutters what are the if any advantages of having it!

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I uninstalled AISuite 3 and I believe I see a smoother runnninr FSX. Not all the stutters you were talking about nuitkati. Thanks!

Mike G.

usb777,

I used AISuite to find a good stable overclock profile, noted what the settings were in the BIOS, put/left them there, and now no longer run AISuite but still have a stable 24/7 overclock.

I found this was much easier than trying to go through the usual overclocking regime and only had to tweak a few BIOS settings in the end.

But, if you have no need for overclocking, then yes, running AISuite while running FSX will use precious resources.

Hope this helps,

E-Buzz :pilot:

i5 4690k @ 4.7gHz (Water-cooled), 8GB ram, GTX 960 2GB, 850 EVO 1 TB SSD, 50" LED TV + 2x27" monitors, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Win 8.1 Pro, P3DV4, TrackIR, EZDOK, a bunch of Orbx stuff, a chair, a hacked-up desk, and a cold drink.

Thanks, I do not know how to overclock yet as I mentioned, without the AISuite it runs better, took me a year to figure that out. Still learning.

Mike G.

Yes, overclocking isn't for everyone and if you aren't prepared and don't do it correctly (and don't have the right hardware ie: cooling) bad things can happen. :(

From personal experience, I've managed to overclock just about every single one of my rigs in the past successfully without frying any components (knock on wood), but I've also tried to do much research and have been very careful. But, I found that AISuite has made the overclocking process much simpler. Just to be clear - I'm NOT advocating that you try overclocking, especially if you're uncomfortable - you CAN end up with an expensive "boat anchor."

Also the only I reason I still overclock is for FSX, as CPU speed makes the biggest difference for me with smoothness and FPS. It really doesn't do much for the all other games I play as the GPU makes the most difference. For those games I overclock the GPU instead ;)

E-Buzz :pilot:

i5 4690k @ 4.7gHz (Water-cooled), 8GB ram, GTX 960 2GB, 850 EVO 1 TB SSD, 50" LED TV + 2x27" monitors, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Win 8.1 Pro, P3DV4, TrackIR, EZDOK, a bunch of Orbx stuff, a chair, a hacked-up desk, and a cold drink.

My build see below runs very well compared to my older one with is an AMD 6300 with a Radeon 7770 no comparison so for the moment I am very happy. Except for places like JFK,KSFO and KLAX, cetain spots in the program I get a solid and smooth 30 fps. Very few ctd's and freeze ups and I have tons of addons WOAI, MAIW third party scenery. Max water and AS

Mike G.

Archived