Tropical Shuttle: St. Croix to St. John in the PMDG NGX

Here's a set I just took flying the PMDG NGX in Delta colors from St. Croix (TISX) to St. John (TAPA). Shout-outs to FS Dream Team for the ground services (GSX) add-on featured in the first two shots, and to REX (as always) for the awesome textures seen throughout.

Enjoy!

PAH3771_1.jpg

PAH3771_2.jpg

PAH3771_3.jpg

PAH3771_4.jpg

PAH3771_5.jpg

PAH3771_6.jpg

PAH3771_7.jpg

PAH3771_8.jpg

PAH3771_9.jpg

PAH3771_10.jpg

-Noah

http://s6.postimg.org/a9i0d43tt/Capture.jpg

Great shots, love the detail, and you make me more anxious than ever for GSX to go on sale!

Also, very scary flap/slat-free takeoff, approach and landing... I'm surprised the "uber-realistic" PMDG NGX would even do that :eek:.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Thanks for the feedback.

The flaps issue has to do with taking the screenshots from instant replay instead of live. I think the control surfaces stay where they are when you pause to go into replay. I generally wait until I have raised the gear/flaps/etc. on takeoff and/or landing before I go back and snag screenies. I can assure you the takeoff and landing were both with an appropriate amount of flaps.

-Noah

Thank you as always for the feedback.

Regarding the takeoff profile, I always try to follow the flight director on the HUD until LNAV and VNAV engage. Not saying I did it perfectly this time, but that is my general strategy. Love that HUD!

-Noah

Thanks for the feedback.

The flaps issue has to do with taking the screenshots from instant replay instead of live. I think the control surfaces stay where they are when you pause to go into replay. I generally wait until I have raised the gear/flaps/etc. on takeoff and/or landing before I go back and snag screenies. I can assure you the takeoff and landing were both with an appropriate amount of flaps.

-Noah

Aha! Thanks for 'splainin it to me! I think there is a setting in FSRecorder that allows you to specify which parameters are recorded, in case you would be inclined to use that instead of the native FSX instant replay feature. I know that all of my control surface positions are recorded in FSR, including flaps & slats.

On the other hand, I have had situations with FSRecorder where my C-47's props were not spinning in the replay... I had engine and prop sounds, the airspeed didn't decay, but visually, the props were frozen in place, rendering whatever I was recording completely unusable. On two flights I had to go back and re-fly the sequence and take live screenies just to get my props turning. :mad:

Sorry if I seemed overly-critical... things like inappropriate flaps/slats on t/o and landing just LEAP off the screen at me. I should learn to ignore it like my Mom keeps telling me. :o

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Aha! Thanks for 'splainin it to me! I think there is a setting in FSRecorder that allows you to specify which parameters are recorded, in case you would be inclined to use that instead of the native FSX instant replay feature. I know that all of my control surface positions are recorded in FSR, including flaps & slats.

I've heard good things about FSRecorder but my understanding was that it does not work with Steam Edition. Do you happen to know if this is indeed the case?

-Noah

Wow...i really enjoyed looking at them, Noah. Very nice shots.

FSRecorder is a very smart and small program, wondering why it should not work with steam. Give it a try - nothing to lose.

The uninstall is just to delete the file if it doesn´t work!

Greets,

Thorsten

Archived