How to Help FSX Find my Missing Airbii

HoggyDog

In another thread, it came to light that FSX's AI (so to speak :D) couldn't find my default Airbus 321s even though they are present in the system. Here is the AIFP report on what is missing:

FSX-AIFP-MissingAircraftFiles.jpg

I DO have 5 default A321s on my system- one each for the 3 fictitious airlines, a plain white one and a German Wings repaint I got a few months ago when that deliberate crash occurred. Here are the details on the 3 fictitious airlines planes:

FSX-A321List.jpg

It seems to me that FSX-AI is looking for three A321s labeled Paint2, Paint4 and Paint5. So, I'm thinking all I have to do is change the aircraft.cfg Titles for the 3 fictitious airlines, leaving everything else the same, like this:

• "Airbus A321 World Travel" becomes "Airbus A321 Paint2"
  • "Airbus A321 Orbit" becomes "Airbus A321 Paint4"
  • "Airbus A321 Pacifia" becomes "Airbus A321 Paint5"

Any thoughts on whether or not this would work without unimpeded queenseconces (unintended consequences, sorry, I'm Dyspeaksic :p )

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Rename them.

AI are called in the traffic file by the title= line in the aircraft.cfg.

When you change that line you break the link between that livery and any traffic file that calls it.

Other than for your own convenience, there is not a good reason to change the title= line unless it is to edit some traffic.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived