Fs2004 - vfr scenery not working???

Guest simon069d

Guest simon069d

Hello,

Can anyone help me please?

I have recently resurrected my old Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop and upgraded to 4gb ram.

It has an ATI 9700 graphics card and dual core ht 3200Ghz processor. Windows XP

I used to run fs2004 with VFR scenery on it fine years ago and have just re-installed all my old sims and am having problems.

FS2004 runs sweet with everything turned up pretty much max.

I installed VFR real scenery (Wales & SW) and it appears in the scenery listings in settings page but not in the add on scenery tab.

Can anyone advise me on the correct settings / tick boxes I need to select because I cannot get any of my VFR scenery running? Driving me nuts!

It is the fs2002 version of VFR but it gives you the option to install to fs2004 as well. It is a standard install to the c: drive but alas - I cannot see my house etc!

Thanks in advance :)

...and dual core ht 3200Ghz processor.

I think you mean a 3.2 GHZ processor, a 3200 GHz processor would be something to see, and it could probably heat your house.

I installed VFR real scenery (Wales & SW) and it appears in the scenery listings in settings page but not in the add on scenery tab.

I am not sure what this means.

The entries show in the Scenery Library?

There are no "tabs" in the Scenery Library so this confuses me.

Can anyone advise me on the correct settings / tick boxes I need to select because I cannot get any of my VFR scenery running?

If the files are installed correctly and the entry is correct in the Scenery Library you should be able to simply pick an airport in the Create a Flight screen and go flying.

You should not need to "search addon scenery" when picking an airport.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived