monitor changing a color regime upon start of FSX.

alexzar14

Ever since I built a new system with Win-7 half year ago (keeping the old Samsung monitor) I had this problem. Then I got an Asus monitor and the problem was gone. Three months with Asus - not a single incidence of color regime change. Recently I got a 34" LG and the problem came back. Problem is this color regime change can take place in flight and crashes the FSX which is as you imagine - very irritation.

It says something like "the program executed can not run on current color settings" or something and then the screen goes black for 1/2 seconds while it reconfigures. Please help me address this.

my card is EVGA GTX 970, I update drivers every few months.

It says something like "the program executed can not run on current color settings" or something and then the screen goes black for 1/2 seconds while it reconfigures. Please help me address this.

It's not a problem, it's normal. The Windows Aero desktop is disabled while FSX is running because FSX was written before Aero existed. There are ways to get Aero to stay on when FSX runs but who cares, you don't need it.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

I found the problem, the crash and constant regime changes were do to mine AOC USB monitor I bought for FMS display. My computer really dislikes this USB guy. Took it off and plugged in a standard secondary monitor and it's alright now.

Archived