ifly 747 400v2: What am I doing wrong?

Hey guys, I am having some serious issues with this plane: First of all, the main 1 and 4 tanks keep running out of fuel. I use simbrief to plan my fuel and I input the exact ZFW of my plane to get a fuel plan. I inputted 90000 kgs of fuel as calculated by simbrief, and during the flight to KBOS my engines 1 and 4 stopped working half way their due to lack of fuel. I am trying it again this time with 35000 extra kgs of fuel, but STILL the same issue! I should mention I have auto fuel balance disabled, its disabled by default. Could that cause this? Second, I can't get to the ALTN airport page in the FMC, it doesn't let me divert! Does anyone with more experience know whats wrong?
Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

I don't know the answer, but I suggest you read the manual. (if you haven't already.)

There is a many pages long .PDF file (several files actually) with the iFly. In folder ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\iFly\747-400\Manual

A long read, can case a nice headache, but well worth reading.

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fuel: sounds quite normal for the 747, in the PMDG model that I have it works in the same way. You need to stay on top of your fuel situation and switch tanks, crossfeed and valves accordingly. Not sure if there is an auto-everything setting.

This is for PMDG, but should be applicable to the iFly model too:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429208-help-tank-to-engine-fuel-tank-imbalance/

Archived