Force Feedbak & Airplane Geometry

ColR1948

A question please:

Why do AI aircraft need the Force Feedback section in the aircraft CFG, I experimented by deleting it and the ai aircraft still performed OK then out of curiosity I deleted the Aircraft Geometry and again it flew no problem.

I obviously saved the original in case but it let me ask are there entries needed especially in an ai type aircraft?

The FF section is not used by AI and does no harm there, nor is there any harm in removing it.

I would leave the geometry section alone.

FTR, most addons start with an aircraft.cfg from another plane that gets tweaked to meet the AI needs.

In fact most AI are based on the default B737.

You may also find that after deleting sections from the aircraft.cfg that they will reappear after running the sim.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Yeah thanks for the reply, funny you said that I've seen that before where things have reappeared but I hadn't checked it this time I will have a look.

Like I said I did save the original just in case, also you may already know this but Tom Gibson uses the default 737 air file a lot on some of his aircraft, and I too have used it on troublesome ai aircraft and they have flew better.

Archived