The dreaded Error Message at YPAD

MarkNZ

Hi All, have been continuing to make my own AI flightplans and been using VOZ for Australian airports. Adelaide will run for 20 mins and then either come up with the dreaded Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close. Or it will tell me im out of available memory. I set AI slider to zero, no luck, disabled the scenery, no luck, rebuilt the fs9.cfg file, no luck. Ive added a pic of the error message (pretty standard from what I can gather). Im happy to hear any idea's for help. Cheers Markclose2.jpg

VOZ scenery is pretty intensive and works both the CPU and GPU very hard. Therefore, given the symptoms you describe, one thing that you MUST check, even if only to cross it off your list of suspects, is to ensure that the problem is not caused by overheating. Do you have something like ZPU or SpeedFan installed to monitor temperatures? Or maybe your rig has its own manufacturer supplied hardware management tools that do this? Wot R they saying?
Steve from Murwilllumbah.

At this stage JSMR its still not fixed. I seem to get it at ADL and Nadi, two different sceneries Ive used both OOM (Bill Melichar and FRF), however if I fly away/or slew about 20kms from Nadi Airport the use of memory decreases. At ADL doesnt matter how far I go the memory continues to clime until I get the Message.

Steve Im not familiar with Speedfan, Ill download it and put up some readings if you are able to help when I do please.

Cheers again team

Mark, interpreting Speedfan readings is not rocket science! You focus on the Temperatures tab. THen do some of your "normal"things, like fly around some of your "non-problem" airports for an evening and see what the temperatures do. This wsill establish a baseline.

Then you go to one of your "problem" airports and see how (if!) the temps increase. Also worth while looking at fan speeds at the same time.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Its the textures that came with Voz that im using (I think) JSMR but im not 100% sure and im thinking theres a texture that could be the issue. I might try adding default textures off the FS9 disk can see if theres any luck there

Steve no issue with the fan and temps BNE works fine and readings are all compatiable.

Something is conflicting obviously. I was getting oom's and stackhash errors etc with a few places in VOZ but only because I was combining various textures from VOZ, EVO, GePro etc and it didnt like it.

Have you tried unvozing then trying a different VOZ zone?

Does it happen if you un-voz and go to YPAD anyway? The airport and landclass will still be there and that might narrow it down some more.

There is a free program that checks for empty texture folders but I can't remember what it's called. I'm away from my PC for a few days so I'm no help.

Hmm, strange because I've have VOZ installed and never seen a problem at YPAD. VOZ plonks so many files, it's hard to keep track of what's where sometimes.

Perhaps do the old enable / disable folders untill you narrow it down? Install it, but uncheck one folder and recheck. For instance the custom landclass folder. Then try the VOZ scenery folder. You may narrow it down a little more. Sounds like something is causing the memory to be used.

Don't be supprised if it's something simple and unusual. I was getting stackhash CTD's, and reading up on them I discovered it's a painful problem and can be extremely hard to diagnose. Turns out it was being caused simply by replacing a few VOZ textures with some GEPro/Evo textures that conflicted with something.

And nowhere did I read - and I searched and read every single thing I could - that a stackhash CTD is called by a ground texture. CTD's work in myterious ways...

I had the memory problem once & the cause turned out to be a scenery conflict. I started removing the latest until I found the problem.....fiddly & time consuming but it worked.

I have a Spitfire that sometimes causes a shut down...........

Archived