Volume Control - Altitude Callouts Download

tdmiles

I recently downloaded the altitude callouts for the FSX Boeing 747. The volume of the callouts is very low compared to FSX programmed "sink-rate," "too low terrain," etc. How can I adjust the volumes to be equal? Thank you buds!

I'll assume we are using the same gauge. (I use callv1.zip)

I know a way, but it may be "the long way round". there may be an easier solution too.

The gauge file is in the panel folder. And it is listed in the panel.cfg file, so it is used by that aircraft.

(actully, the gauge can be in the \Microsoft Fligth Simulator X\Gauges\ -folder as well.)

You have it working, no need to change anything there.

-----------

What happens when you use it is that if you descend through the altitude, the gauge file does it's thing, and it plays the sound for that altitude.

The sounds themselves are files that are in your \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\Callout folder.

(I think it also works if they are simply in the Sound folder directly. not sure though)

The soundfiles have logical names:

the soundfile you hear at 2500 ft is: CA_2500FT.wav

the soundfile you hear at 1000 ft is: CA_1000FT.wav

etc.

What you could do is move the sound files out of the fsx folder to a folder where you can work on them.

Then make a backup of all the original callout sound files.

Then start editing the files, one at a time, with an audio editing program.

(For example 'Audacity' (Is free.))

You open one of the files, edit to increase the volume, then save again. (easy edits really.)

Then you place the edited files back to the location they came from in the \Flight Simulator X\ -folder.

Audacity is a really intuitive program. You will have edited your first sound in minutes. Easy to install, Open source, and free.

Enjoy,

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived