Formation Flight Teams?

amca

Hello, sence this thread is pretty vague, i hope i'm posting this in the correct area.

Hello all. I was wondering if there are any formation flight teams in this day and age for fsx looking for pilots? I have been searching far and wide for any hits on this topic but have come up with nothing. If any members of this forum or teams out there looking for a new pilot, just go ahead and contact me. thank you.

There is always the FSX Blue Angels. I think they are still quite active. If you like the Hornet, they have the ultimate plane for FSX for you. A quick Google should turn up their home site.

I've also seen something from a VA Red Arrows team, I think. or Black Arrows. Or something like that. Heck, have you looked in the VA Airline part of these forums? I think I saw something there a while back...

Pat☺

EDIT: I just found this forum Topic over in the Virtual Airlines Forum, just glancing at the first page. I'll wager there's more, I just didn't bother going farther :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 2 months later...

Well a virtual airline is basically a group of simmers simulating a chosen group/airline. They aren't trying to compete, just simulate. VAs usually have a website which can perform all sorts of useful tasks, as well as a client that connects to FSX, and records the flights parameters, for example: landing v/speed, time enroute, departure time and cruise speed. The attraction to the more traditional sort of virtual airlines, for example Qantas virtual or Delta virtual, comes from the fact that they add an extra layer of immersion to what would other wise be 'meaningless' point to point flights. They do this by:

1) Keeping a log book and stats of your flights made. These hours can then be used to gain extra type ratings.

2) Simulating the airline's routes. Pilots have to book or reserve flights, that they are going to fly, and then fly them using the selected aircraft.

3) Connecting you to a forum of pilots who fly for the same airline, recreating a sense of community amongst the pilots, as would be found in real airlines.

4) Some VAs provide training opportunities, and have exams and check rides in order to gain new type ratings.

This is just a brief overview, but hope it helps give you an idea of what they are.

Cheers,

Aeroplaneman

• 1 month later...
Hello, sence this thread is pretty vague, i hope i'm posting this in the correct area.

Hello all. I was wondering if there are any formation flight teams in this day and age for fsx looking for pilots? I have been searching far and wide for any hits on this topic but have come up with nothing. If any members of this forum or teams out there looking for a new pilot, just go ahead and contact me. thank you.

I am lead for the Bluebirds Aerial Demonstration Team. We are interested in you and would like you to contact us. My email is: hecrowell@gmail.com

Archived