Soar Virtual Airlines Flight for the Cure

Hello everyone!

We are pleased to announce a new event today. We will be doing an event called Flight for the Cure that will be aimed at raising money for Children's hospital cancer research. The event will be a short flight in Hawaii from Honolulu to Maui. I know the airline really doesn't fly there but maybe this could be an expansion point. Anyway, the whole point of this event is to raise money and that will be done by donations via PayPal. Donations will open a week from this Saturday (06/06). Donations are not required to participated in this event and anyone can participate, not just Soar pilots. The date of this event will be decided by 06/06. Details are below:

Date: TBD

Time: TBD

Departure Airport: PHNL

Arrival Airport: PHOG

Aircraft: Any propliner or small regional jet. (Recommended is a CRJ-200)

Communication: TeamSpeak, sever is TS3.FlightUnlimited.Org

This cause means a lot to me as five people in my family have had cancer and I know how awful something like this is to have especially as a child. Thank all of you for reading this and I hope to see you at the event! Questions can go in reply to this thread or in email to soarvirtualairlines@gmail.com. More details soon!

Thanks,

Thomas Hawksworth

Soar Virtual Airlines CEO and Founder

Thomas Hawksworth CEO of Soar Virtual Airlines

Hello,

The date has been set for Monday, June 22nd at 04:00 PM EST (20:00 Zulu). We also have changed the organization we are donating to. We will now be giving the money to the James Cancer Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. (http://cancer.osu.edu/) They are the largest Cancer hospital in the Midwest and the 3rd largest in the United States. Although the donation will now benefit cancer patients of age, childhood cancer is our main focus. Sign ups are not required and donations will open tomorrow morning. Our goal is going to be $500. Donations will be honored at the event. The event will be on vatsim and the airports will hopefully be fully staffed. Vatsim is not required for the event it is optional. We will all be on the Flight Unlimited teamspeak, TS3.FlightUnlimited.Org.

We hope you all can make it!

Flightcure.png

Thomas Hawksworth CEO of Soar Virtual Airlines

• 3 weeks later...

Archived