Program removal problem please

pcohen

Hi everybody, back with FS2004 after a very long absence.

But I already have a Problem.

I have Downloaded and Installed a Program called Silver Wings, but it is not as good as what I already have in FS2004.

But I Cant get rid of it!!! no amount of searching for the programme seems to come up with anything to Delete or remove it.

Any help please would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Silver Wings is a bunch of files that backdate the scenery to late 50s period. There is no uninstall for it unless you followed the instructions in the readmesw.txt file before installing.

Quite right. If you want to uninstall it, you'll need to have made the necessary backups. The only other method is to install other programs over it (GEPro, REX, etc.) Or reinstall the flight Sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

Right ..

And as allways .... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Bebermaur/Specials/rtfm01.gif

Can avoid grey hairs :)

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

You could use the "restore windows to a earlier date" option and see if that removes it, but you will lose anything that was installed including updates to software depending on the last restore point of your system. This should really only be used as a last resort when all else fails.

Darryl

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

OK...

Paul, it sounds as if you installed Silver Wings over your Default FS2004 Install.

As copperpen said below, Silver Wings uses Scenery and Texture Folders that replace the default FS2004 Folders. If you did not backup your Default Scenery & Texture Folders prior to installing Silver Wings, then the only recourse you have is to uninstall FS2004 completely, and start from scratch.

The standard Procedure when using either Silver Wings or Golden Wings is to create a separate Folder called Silver (or Golden) Wings, do a complete 'clean' Install of FS2004 to that Folder, swap out the SW/GW Folders and whatever else it needs, and create a separate Desktop Shortcut to SW/GW.

Bear in mind that you may have several 'Installs' of FS9, as long as each Shortcut points to the specific Install.

There... that should be confusing enough for you!!

-- Alan :p

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Actually, I had an idea.

If you're on Windows 7 (I'm not sure on Windows 8), right click on your FS9 folder and select the tab 'Previous Versions'. If one pops up from before you installed SW, Select it and click 'Open', then copy all of the folders from the previous version to your current FS9 folder, allowing it to overwrite, and voila, you should have it back to normal :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi everybody, Appologies for late reply, been having problems with my Internet.

Could'nt work out how to get rid of Silver Wings, so decided to reinstalled fresh FS2004.

Many thanks for all replies.

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Archived