How good are these add ons?

Guest shuttle099

Guest shuttle099
I am looking to get FTX Global Base and the Aerosoft Airbus Bundle. But how good are they actually? Would you suggest something else? Should I consider the PMDG 737 NGX?

The Airbus and Boeing AC have rather different flight control systems so it's a different experience. The Aerosoft Airbus is regarded as the best on the market today. It's a medium-depth simulation and a better choice if you're newer to tubeliners. Anything from PMDG is deep simulation and of unparallelled quality.

If you really "want" to learn something...there are plenty of informational sources including even the PMDG manual which makes the PMDG not that difficult...plus you have a sense of accomplishment after your first flight with the PMDG 777 and/or the NGX...IMHO the PMDGs are really fun and as their manual says you can make it at any level you want from somewhat easy to more difficult...

The Airbus and Boeing AC have rather different flight control systems so it's a different experience. The Aerosoft Airbus is regarded as the best on the market today. It's a medium-depth simulation and a better choice if you're newer to tubeliners. Anything from PMDG is deep simulation and of unparallelled quality.

I was wondering myself, if PMDG did an Airbus, how different would it be from Aerosoft's? I posted this question on PMDG general forum and got an answer - it would have been nearly same as far as system simulation goes, with addition of copilot side systems not present with Airbus-X.

So let's look into this again: what would PMDG do that wasn't done by Aerosoft?

Speaking of simplicity, I find PMDG Boeings easier to fly than Airbus despite many more buttons. The reason is all Boeings have the same autopilot and FMS so even if you fly the NGX no more often than Airbus-X, the time with all Boeings combined (NGX, 747 by PMDG and iFly, 777, LDS-767 and some even fly Wilco 737CG and SC757 if you wish) is 4 or 6 times greater than that spent with Airbus. Airbus Autopilot has few buttons but tricky and allows no errors, last week I doubled my Airbus experience to get a better feel of it, still not as used to as Boeings.

Archived