Duplicate Camera Definitions MJ C-47 V2

HoggyDog

I was going through my camera definitions, slowing down pan rates to improve my videos and setting initial zooms, when I encountered this weirdness:

[color="#FF0000"][Cameradefinition.3][/color]
Title=Engine Controls
Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-9E2C-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No	//Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.7	//0.5
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 0.8	//1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30	//40
HeadingPanRate=30	//60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.0, 0.0, -0.1
InitialPbh=35, 0, 35

[color="#FF0000"][Cameradefinition.3][/color]
Title=Spot
Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00C}
Description = This is the description of the spot view.
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FlatChase
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0	//0.4
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=30	//75
PanAcceleratorTime=0

As you can see, there are TWO [Cameradefinition.3] entries, one for a VC view and one for an exterior Spot view. It seems to me that this can't possibly be right.

I know from numerous other threads that several of us are flying this outstanding model, and it is of such astoundingly high quality that I want to believe that this duplication doesn't matter because one is inside and one is outside. However, I'm trying to hot-key a couple of the views that I use the most often, and the existence of two "Camera 3" entries makes it impossible to hotkey either one of them... Which one would FSX show me when I hit the Camera 3 hotkey? :confused:

Would someone who has this model please scope out your aircraft.cfg camera definitions and enlighten me as to what is going on here, and if it is indeed an error, let me know if it is OK to just renumber the views in sequence, changing the second Camera3 to Camera4, and continuing sequentially in my aircraft.cfg?

Thanks!

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Hi Hoggy,

For some unknown reason The second .3 definition through .9 replicate the cameras in the Cameras.cfg file. Deleting them and then renumbering .10 through .13, so they're sequential, should correct this anomaly.

Jim F.

HAH! I backed up both files and did as you suggested. Thanks!

Now, however (it never fails, right?) I have another conundrum. The last 3 camera defs in

my aircraft.cfg are:

[CAMERADEFINITION.WHEELCAM_1]
Title=Engine One
Guid={87F6923F-63E8-497D-ABC9-714A506B666E}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.5
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=40
HeadingPanRate=60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXYZ=-.306002,-.089383,.41602
Initialpbh=21.445312,0,-111.671875

[CAMERADEFINITION.WHEELCAM_2]
Title=Pilot
Guid={316E9DFD-7D01-40AF-BC66-17BF2ED8FEAC}
Description = 
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.5
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=40
HeadingPanRate=60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.0, 0.0, 0.0
InitialPbh=15, 0, 0

[CAMERADEFINITION.WHEELCAM_3]
Title=Engine Two
Guid={FAC97E2F-DD9B-480A-9489-13181457B548}
Description = 
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.5
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=40
HeadingPanRate=60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXYZ=1.11878,-.235645,.424586
Initialpbh=15.996094,0,117.703125

I don't really much care about the second one, since it seems to be just a VC view with a more rearward eyepoint as far as I can tell, but I am VERY interested in the two engine views. I'd like to hotkey them, but FSX only offers hotkey controls of numbered cameras, which I assume to be constrained to the format [Cameradefinition.n] where n is a number, not an alphanumeric string.

After deleting the cameras you pointed out as duplicates and renumbering the remaining ones, my last conventionally-numbered camera is [Cameradefinition.7]. So can I change [CAMERADEFINITION.WHEELCAM_1] to [Cameradefinition.8] (and similarly change the other engine view to .9) to enable hotkeying of those views, or would this result in my computer exploding and burning down entire city blocks of innocent homesteaders? Oh, the humanity...... :p

Thanks again for your help!

Hey Hoggy,

Don't scare me now. I'm only recommending editing the Aircraft.cfg file. No both files!

I just installed this aircraft a few weeks ago and hadn't edited or even checked the Aircraft.cfg. So, to make sure I didn't give you some bum info, I checked things out. I ended up deleting those I suggested, moved all the "cockpit" category cameradefinitions so they appeared together, renumbered so they were in order (.1 through .6), and finally I renumbered the "Aircraft" category cameras so they were .001 through .004. Checked and all worked as expected.

Jim F.

Hi Hoggy,

There seems to be some delay before the posts appear. I didn't see your last until considerably later than I posted. I just got rid of the Wheelcam stuff and numbered as I suggested in my previous post. Regarding the hotkeys; I don't use them and have no real recollection as to how they work. I seem to recall that the numbering is related to the Cameras.cfg however and are not related to what's in the aircraft.cfg. I have one yoke key set to change view categories and another to change views within the category.

Jim F.

I just got rid of the Wheelcam stuff and numbered as I suggested in my previous post.

OK, great, thanks, I'll do that.

Regarding the hotkeys; I don't use them and have no real recollection as to how they work. I seem to recall that the numbering is related to the Cameras.cfg however and are not related to what's in the aircraft.cfg.

Jim F.

Sad news indeed. It means that I can't hotkey the "unique" cameras in aircraft.cfg. It makes such logical sense to me that unique entries in aircraft.cfg would take precedence over the more "generic" entries in cameras.cfg, but it I guess this wouldn't be the first seemingly-illogical thing about FSX. :(

I ended up deleting those I suggested, moved all the "cockpit" category cameradefinitions so they appeared together, renumbered so they were in order (.1 through .6), and finally I renumbered the "Aircraft" category cameras so they were .001 through .004. Checked and all worked as expected.

Well, that's some good news! I had supposed that ".1" and ".001" would be identical to the sim and thus not usable together. Good to know that it's apparently treated as a string rather than as an integer, means better clarity.

Thanks-

Doug

Archived