Leonardo Fly the Maddog V3.3 CTD in flight.

lftt

Hello everyone,

I have looked everywhere in nearly all the forums on this type of CTD subject and there is nothing mentioned which is the following;

Installed the Leonardo Fly the Maddog V3.3 (For Win8). Successfully Updated the Airac to 1504. I have read the manual and the aircraft works perfectly from loading to flight!!!

CTD: Defaulting module 0.0.0.0. with the FSX.exe. (Unknown error)

Ok so one would think its the Ultamcore.dll problem, thats no the case here, I have the 6.6 version installed and no other payware aircraft I use causes this type of CTD. I have not had this sort of crash in FSX for ages, only when I get the maddog airborne, flight is going great and some time later I get the CTD, i have looked high and low on all of the forums to see if anyone else has suffered with this problem and nothing, only that when the AIRAC is upgraded there is a problem with KDEN and KDFW and the usual CTD type of fixes of which I have all (or I think so). There is no support from the developer, i am still waiting to get access to post on their forum which i think i will never get!!! Please anyone with suggestions???

Due to the amount of complaints i have seen on this aircraft and the price it goes for, one would think there would be adequate support!!!

I use Windows 8.1 UAC dis-activated.

MS FSX SP2

Venetubo fix (tweak)

Ultamcore.dll installed

Nvidia Inspector (managing graphics)

Registered Version FSUIPC

PC

i7 4770 processor 3.4Ghz

8Gb Ram

Nvidia GTX840M

1) Since you claim your sim is SP2, this intrinsically means you are not using Acceleration correct? Specifying SP2 as as opposed to listing Gold/Acceleration implies you are using patched Deluxe.

2) "Ok so one would think its the Ultamcore.dll problem"

While the conclusion you reached is correct that your problem is not the automationcore, the reason you reached this conclusion is not really sound. You do not have an automationcore problem because the error report did not include the automationcore as the faulting module (this is an assumption because you really did not include an exact verbatim of your error report.)

The faulting automationcore will report itself properly (because MS coded the automationcore and followed the rules) but many third party products do NOT report themselves because the programmers were lazy, thus the "unknown."

3) The support site for this product is still likely your best solution source (assuming you are sure your crashes only occur with this product.)

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Please look in the error logs and give the complete error report. You can use >controlCcontrolV

As example, it will look something like this:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: *******

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1) Since you claim your sim is SP2, this intrinsically means you are not using Acceleration correct? Specifying SP2 as as opposed to listing Gold/Acceleration implies you are using patched Deluxe.

2) "Ok so one would think its the Ultamcore.dll problem"

While the conclusion you reached is correct that your problem is not the automationcore, the reason you reached this conclusion is not really sound. You do not have an automationcore problem because the error report did not include the automationcore as the faulting module (this is an assumption because you really did not include an exact verbatim of your error report.)

The faulting automationcore will report itself properly (because MS coded the automationcore and followed the rules) but many third party products do NOT report themselves because the programmers were lazy, thus the "unknown."

3) The support site for this product is still likely your best solution source (assuming you are sure your crashes only occur with this product.)

-Pv-

Many thanks for your reply!! Whilst you are right about the reporting, the faulting module was unknown hence i did not bother to copy and paste the whole report. And the CTD only happens with this product I would love to get support from the developer of this product whilst on his website he says that there is no technical support and is only available for registration issues, to use the forum, the forum is in-accessible due to approval by a forum administrator which to date has not answered my two applications!!!

I will say this fellow simmers, be weary of this product!!!! Its obviously a pull over from FS9 and the developers were obviously too lazy to bother creating the product from the bottom up for FSX!!!! Their blatant attitude to lack of technical support only further shows their lack of commitment to the product!! What a waste of money, time and effort!!!!

Archived