Wings coming from cockpit, please help!

ctatlow

I have been adding wing views to a couple of Boeing 737 200's, and have had the same problem with both of them. Both are Eric Cantu models each with a different panel that I have installed.

I have added the rear left and rear right bmp's to the panel section of each B737, overwriting the rear cockpit windows of the same names.

Then I added the text from the download, the "views", to the panel .cfg. I then made sure the numbers of the bmp's matched up to the ones that corresponded inside the panel.

But now i'm getting the cabin window looking out, roughly in the direction that I want it, rear of the wing, but without the wing in sight. Which isn't too bad as I can alter these numbers until I can see them. The bigger problem is that the cockpit side views have the wings coming from the cockpit. I have only added the figures in the panel.cfg that apply to 'rear of wing' views.

Please could someone help me as to where I may have gone wrong.

Thanks in advance

Regards Charlotte

If the ref datum position (values) are different you will have problem with views. Therefore you would have to adjust the view per ref datum position in 'Weight and Balance' section AND the 'views' section in aircraft cfg. Not all ac have identical ref datum position.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

'..AND the 'views' section..' . AFAIK,that is the only other adjustment available, other than to be able to get, and be able to change, the model itself.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Try these settings from a 300, dont forget the fixed window No's in your list.

Keep numbering the same where your bmp's are in the cfg file.

The last figure in the third row is the seat No for window view the lesser the number the closer to the cockpit area. Move it with a higher or lower figure.

VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=34

VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM=1.0

VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_EYE=0.8, 0.0, -17.0

VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 090

VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=32

VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM=1.0

VIEW_REAR_LEFT_EYE=0.2, 0.0, -17.0

VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 270

Mainly fly Jet2 from LBA

Thanks for the wing view numbers ritroybrown, but these don't remove the wings from the cockpit side windows. I needed to move the number relevant to the seat view to -3.0 (3 rows behind the cockpit). Does anyone know why this is happening? It seems as though the wings are coming from the cockpit when looking from the side cockpit views and corresponding to the wing view numbers in the panel.cfg

Thanks all for your help so far.

Charlotte.

Move the eyepoint forward. It's probably because it is too far behind. If I get you right you get your internal views but also see the wings right beside the cockpit. Some aircraft don't have it properly set by default. I have a 737-200 and it uses the following values:

eyepoint=43.7, -1.31, 3.7

The eyepoint is in the aircraft.cfg not the panel.cfg!

The first value is the longitudinal position. It means the eyepoint is 43.7 feet forward from the center of the aircraft. If it doesn't fit your aircraft perfectly you can change it and try until it's fine.

The second value is the lateral position, the third is the vertical position of the viewpoint.

Good luck and tell us if all went fine.

Archived