FSX Bugs

Guest DeltaMD88

Guest DeltaMD88

Can anyone help?

I just transferred FSX from my old computer to my new computer. It used to run fine but now it has three issues. 1. The ground is black and the water is non existent. 2. I had several PMDG and JustFlight add-ons that didn't get transferred over. 3. Several Carenado add-ons are messed up. Several have no fuselages and other have messed up doors and interiors. Can anyone help with these issues?

Thanks

Hi,

what do you mean when you say 'transferred'? Did you just copy the files over? And what exactly did you copy?

To move FSX you would have to:

- Duplicate the FSX registry entries

- Copy the FSX foldes in

-- Program Files /(x86)

-- Program Data

-- Appdata (Local and Roaming)

-- Documents

-- All other folders and programs related to your addons, that may not even be in the FSX folder but somewhere else in your system.

Provided you did all this, PMDG stuff probably will not work anyway, because it is copy protected. At least it should ask for being registered again.

The correct way is to reinstall everything from scratch on the new system.

If you dont want to do that: at least install a fresh copy of FSX before you move everything else over. This works if you are careful and if you know your way around the sim installation (except for (copy protected) addons of course, that may need a footprint in the registry)

Also, not sure if the SP's get copied over correctly. You may need to reinstall both SP's if you DO NOT have acceleration..
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Archived