Questions about hardware setup

ducaud

Hello

I have been flying FS for many years. I fly mostly airliners (Ifly 737NG)

I use FS Commander ,Radar Contact an Acive Sky Evolution on a different system connected via Wide FS. I have a ton AI traffic.

I used FX for a very short period of time and due to FPS's I went back to FS2004.

Now I bought Prepar3D, I have not installed yet, but I would like to build a better system to make sure I get the best possible frame rate and graphics resolution.

I have the following questions.

1. If I am planning on using 3 monitors what is the best setup. Getting two Nvidia GTX970's w 4GB of Ram or one GTX980 4G?

2. I am planning an ASUS Maximus VII hero and an intel Core I7 4170 at 4.0 Ghz, a Samsung 1TB SSD and 16GB of DDR3 memory. Is this a good setup? what else can be done to improve performance?

3. What else can be run on a different PC to improve performance?

Thanks

Juan

Hi Juan -

The two 970's are the way to go.

I'd look at pushing that 4170 to at least 4.5 - 4ghz is marginal at best.

16G of memory is overkill unless you need it for other applications.

A good strong PSU to support the 970's - 850W minimum but I'd go for 1000W

Put P3D in it's own folder - do not accept the default(C:\Program Filesx86).

Remember the settings in P3D are not the same as FSX - setting NORMAL in P3D is like setting DENSE in FSX.

Get P3D set up and then you can work on any individual areas that need adjusting.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived