Chicago As Good As Any

I recently saw a comment about Chicago not looking like Chicago on X-Plane........the Aerosoft Chicago X scenery is something I've been wanting to play around with and it's inexpensive enough that even if things didn't go right, it wouldn't have been a big loss. Chicago and Seattle are my favorite heavy flying destinations. So I ran it though FS2Xplane but before doing so, I sifted through the scenery folder to see what would be best initially to convert. I like to leave the aerial stuff out. I found several aerial bgl's and moved them out. What I wanted was mostly the buildings. The aerial stuff I can do on my own if I want and so long as it's USGS, I can publish it. So here are some screenshots of Chicago running on XP9. No editing of any sort. FS2Xplane doesn't always work out, as an average user there are things that convert more easily than others. If you have some knowledge of WED and other tools, you can make lots of corrections to get things looking even better. A little more effort, but better the options there than not.

Chicago1.jpg

Chicago2.jpg

Chicago3.jpg

Chicago4.jpg

Chicago5.jpg

Ricardo

FSThrottle.com

Archived