What are the dangers of running invidia inspector and is it worth it.

I currently have a gtx 970 and everyone talks about using invidia inspector. My frame rates seem to be good with low's in the 30's with dense scenery and as high as 40-80. If I run it will I really see that great a difference, and what will the high settings do to my card in the long run?

I have run nVidia Inspector in the past, but don't bother any more. I believe that good visuals depend on the capabilities of your monitor and graphics card, taking into account your own eyesight. If you do nit have excellent eyesight, the visual output on your screen means nada.

The same applies to soundcards. If your hearing is below par, then no amount of money spent on your computer will change what you hear.

NVidia Inspector will not harm your computer in any way. A reboot sets all back to normal. Given that it is free, you have nothing to lose.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

I currently have a gtx 970 and everyone talks about using invidia inspector. My frame rates seem to be good with low's in the 30's with dense scenery and as high as 40-80. If I run it will I really see that great a difference, and what will the high settings do to my card in the long run?

Hi, NVI will do nothing to your card, except if you venture into the overclocking section. Other than that, it is just another tool to select settings in your graphics driver. There are some that you can't reach from NVidia Controlcenter, and again others you can't select from the FSX GUI.

So, as long as you stick to the normal driver settings in NVI, there is no harm done. But you could gain better visuals (not necessarily better FPS, but better filtering and AA).

Archived