Wright Flyer, only one?

Nomorewrightflyersin2004

Hi there,

I only just got a copy of this Flight Simulator primarily due to the Wright Flyer about a week back or so. I had wanted a copy about eleven years back, but it was far too expensive at the time.

I've tried some of the aircraft, it's okay I guess. I'm not into aviation or anything like that, just a random curious interest into a historic aircraft.

I've come from a Orbiter Simulator position, I'm not an expect on the orbital mechanics etc, but taking off certainly is far easier than riding an STS into orbit or short distance docking.

Anyway, I was rather suprised to only find a Wright flyer as to an extra one that flew after. I guess Microsoft didn't go any further with that?

And lastly, was the concorde plane only available via the end of the century simulator, twenty hundred?

Thanks.

The default Wright Flyer is the original for that historic flight. There are several files available which purport to make its handling/performance more accurate (I say purport since i had one which added a remarkable amount of fuel).

There is a nice Wright R in its EX version as the Vin Fiz (1911vinf.zip).

Many other early aircraft are also available - Bleriot, Voisin, Deperdussin, Dunne, etc.

Interesting about the EX version, that is 1911. I was more thinking 1904, 1905, 1908. There were a few they had constructed.

I guess this 1911 one is an extra alternative.

Of course the first one can only go so high and far. And how how much fuel was in the tank of the Wright Flyer? I made sure on create a flight it was breezy enough. I did try the actual scenario, but just to change location I tried a new flight.

As for Concorde, I suppose it was only available for the old version a couple of decades back?

Do addons not affect the EULA?

There is a Concorde for FS2004 (and FSX) by Libardo Guzman. Installing add-on aircraft (or scenery) does not violate the eula. What gave you that idea? We are not 'sneaking' them into FS9. Add all you want. And if you know how, you can port FS98, FS2000, and FS2002 aircraft into FS9. Nobody cares.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I've seen a Wright B for FS9 but that is also ca 1910 (and I remember reading it was basically a retexture of the Vin Fiz with some flight tweaks). The extra fuel I recall was a ridiculous amount, with no extra weight, so you could fly the plane for hours; as for performance tweaks, I doubt there is anyone around who could provide authoritative input on whether the default aircraft is accurate, so any mods would just be personal preference.

Micro$oft's EULA prohibits editing base game files (.exe files, .dlls, etc.) but you are free to add as much scenery and as many aircraft as you like; MS even released the SDKs telling how to create aircraft, scenery, gauges, virtually everything except the core files.

Most aircraft from FS2000 and FS2002 will work in FS9 with little to no tweaking; I've experienced an occasional performance issue or missing animation, but there is little out there for those older sims that hasn't already been tweaked or completely updated for FS9. In fact much old payware for them has been released as freeware now.

I'm not into aviation specifics. I only want some old historic craft that I thought were missing from this 2004, which is FS9. That is unfortunate for the time being there is no Wright 2.

Ah okay as for the User Agreement, I wasn't sure, as with actual games out there, a lot of users break the agreement to due to no official released tools for modification. MS did do this for Flight Simulator.

As for the concorde, the available release should be okay for 2004. So where can I find this copy?

The only planes that appeal to me as just the historic very first ones, the concorde, and may be the first boeing plane, 1969.

I'm not into aviation specifics. I only want some old historic craft that I thought were missing from this 2004, which is FS9. That is unfortunate for the time being there is no Wright 2.

Ah okay as for the User Agreement, I wasn't sure, as with actual games out there, a lot of users break the agreement to due to no official released tools for modification. MS did do this for Flight Simulator.

As for the concorde, the available release should be okay for 2004. So where can I find this copy?

The only planes that appeal to me as just the historic very first ones, the concorde, and may be the first boeing plane, 1969.

Here you go; it's in the Library...

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners FS2004/FSX Concorde Final Version-A 2011

[ Download | View ]

Name: cf2011a.zip

Size: 70,706,287 Date: 10-23-2011 Downloads: 19,654

cf2011a.gif

fbq1.giffcq1.gif FS2004/FSX Concorde Final Version-A 2011. Includes new model (nose shape, visor details), flight dynamics, complete real textures package -new pre-production texture- clear textures for VC panels, special effects for wing vortices and fog, afterburner effects, landing lights animation linked to landing gear operation, animated visor for main 2D cockpit view, mach speed effect (by Rob Barengredt), all controlled by xml gauges designed by Hans Zuidervaart who also made a lot of adjustments to flight dynamics, normal clickable gauges on VC (all in FS2004, some in FSX), sound, VC, passenger views, repositioned and complete lights, full animated parts (pilot and copilot animation for rudder, elevator and landing gear operations), cabin door main and cargo doors, etc. This version does not replace previous versions, which must be removed first. No Fixes Needed. By Libardo Guzman.

So what else are you looking for?

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Thank you very much.

I was just traversing Nevada going from North, heading south central to Indian Springs in the Ford aircraft. Using realistic weather, quite sunny, with clouds.

I had tried to take using the Wright 1911, how ever it wouldn't go, I throttled the engine to max, but no movement.

I had also tried the windy aircraft, powered by the wind, I set the weather to high breeze but it wouldn't move.

• 1 month later...

As it stands that is all there is of the Wright flyer aircraft then?

Flying it once is about all people can stand ..... I've got a VW Beetle model that's actually more fun to "fly" ..... and faster too!

Beep! Beep!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nomore: As you probably know, the original Wright flyer did not have conventional rudder and elevators, but like a (real) bird, was controlled by warping and twisting the tail. Therefore, how accurately the FS9 Flight Engine can model this under control of .cfg and .air files, would appear to be a bit of a guess rather than any authoritative statement.Although I would be delighted to be proved wrong on that.

Going off at a tangent, have you been to WPAFB in Dayton to see the fantastic collection of ancient aircraft?

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Archived