FSX-SE: It's Acceleration enabled, isn't it??

I was trying to install SFCARRIERS2 mission in my copy of FSX SE today, and it told me it was NOT Acceleration. I thought Acceleration iss part and parcel of SE, isn't it?

If I "lost" my Acceleration, or whatever the correct phraseology would be, is there a way to get it back?? I determind that this i why my add-on, static carriers aren't capable of catapult launching a bird. Not a one. The add-on moving carriers cat me off fine, as do the AICarriers ships. But, for example, FCBG_ADE_TM FSXF-CarrierGroupMiramarPUB V4.0 a pair of static boats off NAS Miramar has no working cats. Again, a lack of the whole Acceleration thing. The FA-18 and other aircraft Accel added are there.

I am SO confused, is there any help out there please? ANY suggestions will be gratefully tried, barring reformatting the HD :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

No. You are right. No wires or launch on the static carriers. What is wrong is why you never tried landing on the static carriers (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

tvieno,

I mean the default static carriers have no catapults or arrestor cables as I recall.

Or is that wrong?

That should be correct. The carriers that never ever move, don't have cat's

as far as I know. Only the carriers that can move have the cat's. Now, some of

the moving carriers do park at times, such as the one that can be found out in

SF bay from time to time. It will be parked, but it's a moving carrier, and does have

a working cat. Ditto for one of the ones at Norfolk. There are sometimes two of

them in the same area. One is static, with no cats, and one is a moving carrier

that is parked, and it does have cat's.

I fly off the one that parks in SF bay quite a bit. Mainly because it's easy to save

a flight for, and have the flight load with the plane in place on the carrier.

If you try to save a flight on a moving carrier, it will always be out from under you

by the time the flight loads, and then you have to slew and try to drop down on it..

A real PIA if you just want to quickly load and fly..

Thank you all very much! I appreciate the answers, and I think (although very rarely :D ) that the problem was that I needed to install the included Legacy verion of SinConnect (FSX-XPACK). I just did, and will run asap and post the results as soon as I am able.

Thanks again for the help, you all rock!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived