Help with installing a file please

jimstiles

Hello, I just downloaded the "FSX Default Learjet 45 -Corrected Flight Dynamics" from the business jet library. The file name is fsx_learjet_45.zip. There is no .txt file included with installation instructions.

I am somewhat familiar with FSX and earlier versions but still fairly new at adding planes. Can someone help me with some instructions on where to install/unzip this file?

I appreciate any help,

Thanks

Jim

It looks like a complete replacement for the default Lear.

What I would do is go to ...\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes and make a new folder called original Lear45.

Next I would move, not copy, the Lear45 folder and put it in original Lear45.

Then you can unzip fsx_learjet_45.zip to a temporary folder on your Desktop.

After you have unzipped that file move the new Lear45 folder into ...\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes.

This way, if you decide you do not like the new version you can delete it and you will still have the original.

FWIW, I tried some modified flight dynamics on the 45, I do not remember if it was this file or another, and ended up getting rid of it because the autopilot could not hold an altitude above 285 KIAS.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

It looks like a complete replacement for the default Lear.

What I would do is go to ...\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes and make a new folder called original Lear45.

Next I would move, not copy, the Lear45 folder and put it in original Lear45.

Then you can unzip fsx_learjet_45.zip to a temporary folder on your Desktop.

After you have unzipped that file move the new Lear45 folder into ...\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes.

This way, if you decide you do not like the new version you can delete it and you will still have the original.

FWIW, I tried some modified flight dynamics on the 45, I do not remember if it was this file or another, and ended up getting rid of it because the autopilot could not hold an altitude above 285 KIAS.

peace,

the Bean

Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight and see how it does.

Jim

I am a little late to the party, but I'll tell you what I did. I clicked on 'View' for the zip on FSCom file list. I clicked on 'aircraft.cfg'. The I highlighted all the text and right-click and choose 'copy'. Then I opened Notepad and right-clicked and choose 'Paste'. I now have what is 'NEW' in the whole mega load and can 'make' a 'updated' Lear45. I simply right click the 'Lear45' FOLDER and then right-click anywhere and choose paste, where I now have 'Copy of Lear45' folder. I rename folder 'Lear(space)45'. I then copy over the air file, the model, the sound and the texture. I make sure the aircraft cfg (fltsim.x) section 'sim=name' and air file name are the same. Done.

I then compare the 'old' and the 'new' aircraft.cfg (as the air file is from 2010) for any 'changes'. There might not be anything 'relevant' changed-it happens. I fly the 'new' cfg and decide if I want to keep it. Saves downloading mega sized files I don't need-because I already have them. Haven't flown it yet, but I suspect it flys the same.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived