Exclusions in ADE9X

GDALE14853

Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to exclude some objects that, I think, are produced by my ORBX EU England and Scotland sceneries.

I've been creating versions of old aerodromes as though they'd not been closed down / torn up years ago - I've discovered that EU England seems to have some Hangars placed around the old 'High Ercall' aerodrome in Shropshire, though not the right type and not in the correct orientations, but I can't seem to eliminate them with an exclusion polygon. I have similar issues with one or two airfields in Scotland (Crail, for instance, has a very individual hangar type still existing, but EU Scotland creates a hangar of a totally unsuitable type in its place!)

I've found odd problems when trying the 'exclusion' polygons - if I set an exclusion area for excluding, say, roads I find that roads are eliminated over a greater area of my scenery than just the area of the polygon.

I had an exclusion area created over most of my Crail aerodrome, set to exclude 'everything', but I found this even created a patch of 'missing' sea off the adjacent coast!

I really quite like most of what I've gained with the ORBX products, so I didn't really want to dispense with them.

Any suggestions welcomed!

Geoff

An exclusion rectangle drawn around the object and compiled to a scenery folder with higher priority than the Orbx scenery should remove the hangar.

Actually the exclusion rectangle need to only be drawn around the object reference point. There is no guarantee that the reference point is in the building so you might try making the rectangle bigger.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Are you talking about exclusion rectangles or terrain exclusions? since you refer to polygon I assume you are referring to terrain exclusions. These will not remove generic buildings nor library objects - for these you need an exclusion rectangle. As the Bean says these just need to cover the reference point of the object. Exclusion rectangles should not be overlapped if possible since they can cancel each other.

A terrain exclusion may well clear more area than you expect since they operate on a given area (QMID) and may affect several.

Finally the Bean points out that priority of loading is very important and if your ORBX scenery loads after your mods then the mods will be defeated. This article may be of interest: https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268/l/199760-priority-matters

Thanks for your reply, Jon. I've still a lot to learn with the Aerodrome building game! I have been trying to use the Exclusion Polygon, as I didn't know about the exclusion rectangles.

I've got all my Orbx stuff further down my priority table than my new airfields, but I've not really found out exactly which scenery is putting in the items I want to remove. I just thought the Orbx EU additions I'd recently acquired would be the most likely suspect.

I'm having a lot of fun, and learning as I go, though. This is the first scenery I've ever tried to create for FlightSim and I think I'm gradually getting better at it.

I created quite a few objects of my own with Sketchup and Model Converter, then suddenly lost all the Sketchup files and the MDL files (still don't know how!) and found my Norton Backup didn't have any of them either! I have the objects in a Library file, but I'm now having to remake all the Sketchup drawings and recreate the models! Still, gives me something to do, I suppose.

Thanks again for your help, and thanks too to 'the Bean' for his input. I'll keep on dabbling!

Geoff.

One other quick question re the exclusion rectangles - if I place one to remove my 'unwanted' hangar on Crail aerodrome, can I then place the correct version of hangar in approximately the same position, or does the 'exclude' prevent this?

Geoff

Thanks again, Jon - I've succeeded in both removing the unwanted hangar and placing my own model of the actual hangar, as existing, in its correct location.

I'll now progress to another field where I have several 'unwanted' objects!

Geoff

Archived